Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newspapers.....

DW likes to read the paper leisurely on weekends, so we subscribe to the Saturday and Sunday edition of the big paper in town, which removes the paywall for the digital version (which is how I prefer to read). There is a Saint Paul newspaper, but it's a shadow of its former self these days. But there are a few neighborhood papers, and we subscribe to the two closest ones. They provide better local coverage than any local paper so it's worth the money to us and both finally have decent Web sites for those of us who prefer to read on-line.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Our paper is sadly down to 4 days a week but I still love it. I don't care to get my news online, at least it isn't my first choice. I also love all the things I can use the paper for when we are finished with it.

We subscribe to our local town paper, which is only published weekly.

I love reading the local newspaper in my hand. I do the puzzles, I could also read on line, but it doesn't feel the same! They are down to 6 days a week and I am happy to support it.

Got the NYT digital subscription yesterday and read through the app. Forgot how much I liked it. Worth the $8/month.

We used to get a free weekly paper. It was great for local/area news. I know it was still being published a few months back, but we never got delivery. I miss reading a real, in-the-hand newspaper. This thread is making me think I want to see if I can budget for a subscription. Thanks.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    We used to get a free weekly paper. It was great for local/area news. I know it was still being published a few months back, but we never got delivery. I miss reading a real, in-the-hand newspaper. This thread is making me think I want to see if I can budget for a subscription. Thanks.
    Your local journalists will appreciate it. They love subscribers.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Online NYT and online local paper.

We subscribe to our local paper. My wife has a strange fascination with obituaries. She thinks of them as little biographies.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    We subscribe to our local paper. My wife has a strange fascination with obituaries. She thinks of them as little biographies.
    I wonder if she is a fan of the Spoon River Anthology?

Thread Information