Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forest Bathing (shinrin-yoku)

Looking ahead to spring, I wonder what is the best thing I can do for the sake of the trees around my dwelling.

There are some dense conifers. I could get under them and saw off the lowest branches. The rationale is that I would be removing a "ladder of fuel" in case of wildfire. Some of the neighbors have sparky campfires in the summer.

Also part of me wants to find a good spot to plant an Eastern Hemlock... can live for 800 years.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. Second-best is this coming spring.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    ches. The rationale is that I would be removing a "ladder of fuel" in case of wildfire. Some of the neighbors have sparky campfires in the summer.

Also part of me wants to find a good spot to plant an Eastern Hemlock... can live for 800 years.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. Second-best is this coming spring.
    Sounds like a good time to me.

I follow the Portland Japanese Garden on FB because I'm so in love with it, and they just posted this picture. Magical.

portland-japanese-garden.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information