Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: If I just did 10 things every day....

I want to be able to put my house on the market June 1st (basically 100 days from now) so I've decided to:

• Continue using GTD for appointments, inbox stuff, and tasks because it has always worked well for me when situations get complex.
    • Add all the physical organizing/decluttering stuff to my GTD Projects list.
    • Use the Marla Dee S.T.A.C.K.S. system for the actual sorting and decluttering because of all the systems I've looked at it makes the most sense.
    • Use the "look at 10 things every day" method to maintain my organized and decluttered house once I finish the S.T.A.C.K.S. process. (K & S stand for "Keep it up" and Simplify)

Since I didn't find anything about the S.T.A.C.K.S. system in this forum, I'll start a new thread about it sometime today.

When I was decluttering I wouldn’t want to stop once I started. I can easily go at it for 8 hours. If I had a moving goal it would be very motivating. I have considered starting a business helping people do this but I might want to strangle people).

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When I was decluttering I wouldn’t want to stop once I started. I can easily go at it for 8 hours. If I had a moving goal it would be very motivating. I have considered starting a business helping people do this but I might want to strangle people).
    Marla Dee says she can sort in three hours what it would take a typical client over a week to sort because she has no attachment to the objects. A shirt is a shirt, a spoon is a spoon, everything goes in the appropriate category box/pile, and all the decisions about keep/toss and "does it spark joy" get made later, on the client's time, not while they're paying her by the hour. What takes so long for most people is all the time required to make sentimental decisions and "I might need it someday" decisions.

Yeah, I would probably strangle people too, if I was in the consulting business. It was bad enough when I was still working and had to train new employees how to do my job. They always wanted to do it an easier way or cut corners instead of realizing that my years of experience meant the way I was telling them to do it really was the easiest way to meet the quota and not make mistakes.

My sister & I have often helped each other with decluttering because we could each be a little more objective about the other one's stuff.

Thread Information