Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

Why not hire some local movers to move the rest of the stuff right now? Then, if his leg gets better, he can spearhead the weeding/cleaning effort. You can't really count on it getting better before July 1, so I'd get the movers now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Why not hire some local movers to move the rest of the stuff right now? Then, if his leg gets better, he can spearhead the weeding/cleaning effort. You can't really count on it getting better before July 1, so I'd get the movers now.
    Indeed,why not? Ummmm…. Because he will not. And what worries me is that he doesn’t understand all resources like this are in very short supply. We could decide on July 4 that we need movers on July 5 and guess what – – they’re not available until July 21

I have enlisted our friend/real estate agent To talk to DH about this and they’ve already had one conversation. Anything I say falls on deaf ears.

That's really a good point and probably that would be the result if you waited and he could not do it. Hmm.
    Have you talked to the doctor about whether he can even use his leg that way once he "feels better." Maybe doc assumes he would not do that, insist on moving...

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That's really a good point and probably that would be the result if you waited and he could not do it. Hmm.
    Have you talked to the doctor about whether he can even use his leg that way once he "feels better." Maybe doc assumes he would not do that, insist on moving...
    Tomorrow DH goes back to the doctor. I went to his doctor’s exam with him yesterday and will go tomorrow. We need a firm word from the doctor to make a plan to move.

Good idea, to involve the doctor.

I hope DH can see the light.

I hope it works out alright, IL!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I hope your dh heals quickly!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Today’s doctor appointment saw DH’s leg as being much better. He has cellulitis, a bacterial infection. So, he loaded his little truck and trailer with lots more stuff and is on his way to Hermann.

We have two more weeks before we have to be out. When I eyeball the amount of stuff here in this house, it looks like only two more loads.

We have been moving since last January. The day the garage door was installed in Hermann is the day we started moving stuff there, placing everything in the garage or in the basement. So I guess we will be OK, it is all doable, it’s just that I panicked. This is why DH becomes annoyed with me because I worry about stuff.

On a happy note the stove people called yesterday to say that our red Big Chill stove is in St. Louis.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 6-24-22 at 12:02pm.

Yay! Iris Lilies, husband better, able to move, a couple loads left AND the big red stove!!! I also panic and fret. Husband stays calm and laid back...Oh how I try to emulate calm!

“The Clampetts Move to Hermann”

Here you see DH’s rig of trailer and homemade ladder rack which he uses to haul ladders and building materials, most recently molding.
    The trailer has DIY sides. DH has moved most every object in our house in this rig. Nearly every thing. He did get two guys on our block to help him get our giant freezer out of our basement, and large pieces of furniture over the spiral staircase.

I made several trips with boxes of “ smalls” but that was less than 10% of our stuff.

otherwise…he did it all. I am in awe, as are our friends.

DDFAF6F4-16AF-4B4C-B2E3-51673673A44C.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information