Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So it looks like a farm. (big barn, little house)
    Don't remember what size property you are living on (acreage), but that to me seems like a bigger selling point in the future, for any guys that like to work. (I would love a bigger garage, with a smaller house)
    You will appreciate it, when

all of your husbands, with all their stuff, doesn't appear to flood the house, polygamist.
    Oh yes, people in Hermann like their big trucks which is why we made the garage extra-deep.The practicalities are good, the aesthetics not so much.

I learned yesterday that we had an engineer sign off on The Bunker (the underground garage) which was…interesting. It was complex enough that our architect had to get engineering plans.

I guess at some point I will get to learn everything about what is going on with my own house and my own money in Hermann.

After hearing tales of woe from our next door neighbors who are building a new house in another neighborhood, I remain grateful for our Hermann contractor. We do not have a signed contract with him, he works for a while, gives us a bill, we pay it.

"The Bunker" - lol. Nice name for it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Unable to decide on colors of kitchen cabinets, I ordered samples. They send you an entire door in one case, and in the other case they send color matched printed paper the size of a cabinet door. Same company.

I really didn’t want to pay for an entire cabinet door at $50 but the color I’m looking at is rather unusual and I wanted to make sure that I had a good sense of what it is. At the moment is my preference but I need to see it close up.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Unable to decide on colors of kitchen cabinets, I ordered samples. They send you an entire door in one case, and in the other case they send color matched printed paper the size of a cabinet door. Same company.

I really didn’t want to pay for an entire cabinet door at $50 but the color I’m looking at is rather unusual and I wanted to make sure that I had a good sense of what it is. At the moment is my preference but I need to see it close up.
    You're smart to get as much info as possible before investing.

Signed,
    The Paint Chip Queen
    Obsessed with the Possibilities

PS. I'm down to just one room to figure out the colors for--my office. And I don't care as much about that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

IL, definitely wise to spend the $50 to make sure you love the colors. Cabinets are a big expense.

Here, exterior front is pretty much completed.Giant garage gets its door in 2022, supplies are backlogged.

Here you see new siding and new roof on everything.
    06AFEC02-8E23-4FE4-8C91-521158C415FA.jpg
    C800F002-C89B-47CB-A445-7821F2BC0361.jpg

It is a pleasant but unremarkable little house. The cuteness factor comes in with the way it sits down 3 feet into a rock walled area.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here, exterior front is pretty much completed.Giant garage gets its door in 2022, supplies are backlogged.

Here you see new siding a new roof on everything.
    06AFEC02-8E23-4FE4-8C91-521158C415FA.jpg
    C800F002-C89B-47CB-A445-7821F2BC0361.jpg

It is a pleasant but unremarkable little house. The cuteness factor comes in with the way it sits down 3 feet into a rock walled area.
    It looks nice but if I ever move I want a level lot. With the remnants of hurricane Ida we got water in the basement this week and I can live without that charm.

Iris, very cute.

It is cute. Love the colour of the siding. You will have fun landscaping the entryway.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information