Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

I had a big surprise when I learned our garage will have a room under it. The room is greatly enforced with lots of studs so it’s really not much open space, but there is lots of room for DH to practice his hoarding. It’s a walk out from under the garage. We also added a walkout section under the sunroom. since the basement will be DH’s domain he has extended his space by a third.

latest progress:

Attachment 3865

42DD777D-90D5-4376-B886-4CCB3B92C0B5.jpg

B8AABCDE-495F-479B-9B98-ED5F98BB2497.jpg

These are all upside down I know!

The first one shows the dark hole-room under the garage Which came as a surprise to me, I didn’t know we were going to have that. But whatever.

The second and third images show the back of the house which is starting to look very nice.

Looks like a wonderfully large spacious house with the large deck. It will be exciting to see the end result but fun to share in the progress
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Under the garage sounds like a good tornado shelter.

IL, room for your husband to practice his hoarding made me laugh.

Me, too. Practicing hoarding....as if we don't know how! The house is progressing well. Thanks for sharing the progress.

Apparently I am on a “ limited need to know” basis about construction on our Hermann house.

My post from a couple days ago was about the underground storage area, under the garage. It has a whole bunch of studs in it and it’s not a big open room. Today I was granted information that the studs are temporary and they will be removed. Apparently we *DO* have a complete underground garage in addition to the garage on top. See, I know that DH talked to our architect about this more than a year ago and the architect said oh that’s really expensive, but I’ll look into it. Little did I know that it had become a reality.

DH worked with the cement guy and it really wasn’t all that expensive, according to DH, he says maybe $5000 -$7,000 Additional cost to the standard large garage.
    Here’s the marvelous thing: DH can drive his giant ass farm tractor in there and put it away. I am thrilled about this because I didn’t want a big old farm tractor sitting around my acre property. 1 acre really isn’t all that big when you start piling crap on it like multiple storage sheds and a big farm tractor.

DH, the hoarder, says we can “get rid of both sheds.” This makes me extremely happy although I’m arguing to keep one of them at the moment but I could give it up later.

I wonder what other wonderful surprises are in store for me in the Hermann house construction? Always an adventure! Ha ha.

Sounds very efficient if everything can be put away as needed.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Don't you need a potting shed/studio/retreat?
    Perhaps one of those sheds could be upgraded...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Don't you need a potting shed/studio/retreat?
    Perhaps one of those sheds could be upgraded...
    Yes. One of the sheds is cute and I want to store my flower show stuff in it. Either that, or I have to rent storage unit because I told DH the basement(s) are his domain.

I'm learning you can never have too many sheds.

I am jealous of the underground tractor garage. My yard too often looks like the kids forgot to put their toys away at night.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information