Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

If it really bothers you, consider replacing it right now to what you have upstairs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    If it really bothers you, consider replacing it right now to what you have upstairs!
    There’s no way DH would agree to that. He has been working hours on it and I wouldn’t want him to waste his life energy that way.

It will have a glass door in front of it so I won’t have to look at it head on often. I will use the upstairs bathroom anyway. Oh another Good thing about this cheap but expensive shower material is that it’s supposed to be easy to clean with any non-abrasive cleaner. Well I guess they all are.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There’s no way DH would agree to that. He has been working hours on it and I wouldn’t want him to waste his life energy that way.

It will have a glass door in front of it so I won’t have to look at it head on often. I will use the upstairs bathroom anyway. Oh another Good thing about this cheap but expensive shower material is that it’s supposed to be easy to clean with any non-abrasive cleaner. Well I guess they all are.
    I think it will look really good once it's installed with the finishes etc.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I would withhold judgment until it’s finished IL.

I am stuck, really really stuck on decor for my bedroom. First of all, we are many months if not a year away from finishing my bedroom in this house. It is a very cute bedroom, an attic bedroom with A nice size dormer alcove. I always think attic bedrooms have lots of personality.

So I have lots of time and unlimited budget to do what I want to do. But I have little idea of what I want to do. I’ve already changed several times my idea. Generally, though, the house is a cottage style house so the bedroom would be something that fits with that.

The bed is a full-size bed, but certainly limits new beds frames because most things are queen-size these days. That is OK, I don’t mind that limitation. I would likely get a vintage or antique bed anyway. Platform beds are probably too big to get up in a little staircase of this cottage house.
    Hopefully it is properly insulated with proper venting for heating and a/c. As for platform beds, I have a full one, and depending on your drawer setup (mine has a single, huge drawer underneath the bed), it should easily be taken upstairs and assembled.
    That doesn't mention CL for things like bed frames, or maybe your local antique store for something like the old 3/4 brass bed, etc.
    Or look at this site and find something you want handy hubby to build:
    https://www.ana-white.com/woodworkin...ouse-bed-frame

His shower, let him keep it. As someone who mechaniced for a while, he and you might appreciate how easily it cleans.

I am stuck, really really stuck on decor for my bedroom. First of all, we are many months if not a year away from finishing my bedroom in this house. It is a very cute bedroom, an attic bedroom with A nice size dormer alcove. I always think attic bedrooms have lots of personality.

So I have lots of time and unlimited budget to do what I want to do. But I have little idea of what I want to do. I’ve already changed several times my idea. Generally, though, the house is a cottage style house so the bedroom would be something that fits with that.

The bed is a full-size bed, but certainly limits new beds frames because most things are queen-size these days. That is OK, I don’t mind that limitation. I would likely get a vintage or antique bed anyway. Platform beds are probably too big to get up in a little staircase of this cottage house.

I’m just musing here not looking for ideas necessarily. I do continue to like that wallpaper Catherine used in her house. I like the pink version of it. But there are lots of wallpapers I could like. Do I use wallpaper at all? Do I wallpaper ceiling and walls? Do I wallpaper just The alcove? I have tons of photos on Pinterest about wallpapered alcove attic bedrooms.
    Here's an idea for a cute attic bedroom. It's a picture from my favorite decorating "book" (it's a small book but loaded with beautiful ideas) by Alice Whately: Peaceful Spaces.

I like the sleigh bed and the whitewashed walls and ceiling. I like the floral vintage duvet. When I think of attic bedrooms I also think of bright colors and iron beds.

IMG_3767.jpg

Here's another dormer bedroom. This one is a little more "clean" and sophisticated. This one is from a decorating book called Shades of Country by Chippy Irvine, who was a neighbor of mine in Dutchess County, NY, and I actually didn't know until recently that she and her husband, Keith Irvine, were well-renowned designers.

Here, I like the buttercup yellow built-ins and that gorgeous four-poster bed. And the little doggie beds.

IMG_3768.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Here's an idea for a cute attic bedroom. It's a picture from my favorite decorating "book" (it's a small book but loaded with beautiful ideas) by Alice Whately: Peaceful Spaces.

I like the sleigh bed and the whitewashed walls and ceiling. I like the floral vintage duvet. When I think of attic bedrooms I also think of bright colors and iron beds.

IMG_3767.jpg

Here's another dormer bedroom. This one is a little more "clean" and sophisticated. This one is from a decorating book called Shades of Country by Chippy Irvine, who was a neighbor of mine in Dutchess County, NY, and I actually didn't know until recently that she and her husband, Keith Irvine, were well-renowned designers.

Here, I like the buttercup yellow built-ins and that gorgeous four-poster bed. And the little doggie beds.

IMG_3768.jpg
    I recognize the name Chippy Irvine because I used to flip through all the major decorating books. Four poster bed in that second room is really pretty I agree. I haven’t decided if I’m going get it a poster bed or not. One end of my bedroom would allow for it, and the other end would not due to ceiling height. I haven’t decided where the bed will go for sure. I may consult feng suei.

The first bedroom is a little too rustic for me.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-12-22 at 8:09am.

I love both pictures!

I love the built-ins, Catherine.
    There is a wonderful bedroom at Beauport/Sleeper-McCann Mansion in Gloucester that comes to mind:
    beauport_04.jpg
    Beauport 2.jpg

Our bedroom is kind of an attic bedroom, since we live in a 1 1/2 story cottage. Our bedroom has all those slanty wall/ceilings and many head bumps have been sustained over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love the built-ins, Catherine.
    There is a wonderful bedroom at Beauport/Sleeper-McCann Mansion in Gloucester that comes to mind:
    beauport_04.jpg
    Beauport 2.jpg

Our bedroom is kind of an attic bedroom, since we live in a 1 1/2 story cottage. Our bedroom has all those slanty wall/ceilings and many head bumps have been sustained over the years.

rosa! I have already pinned that room on Pinterest. I love it! But I will not be able to achieve that level of old world English country.

Thread Information