Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love the built-ins, Catherine.
    There is a wonderful bedroom at Beauport/Sleeper-McCann Mansion in Gloucester that comes to mind:
    Attachment 4696
    Attachment 4697
    While very pretty to look at, this is just way too "busy" for me to actually try to sleep in.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Our bedroom is kind of an attic bedroom, since we live in a 1 1/2 story cottage. Our bedroom has all those slanty wall/ceilings and many head bumps have been sustained over the years.
    Mine too. Except for the cottage part.

Here is DH relaxing this morning.

A0A7E6A8-3F47-4AE6-9B6E-C05B94DC21E2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the house!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    rosa! I have already pinned that room on Pinterest. I love it! But I will not be able to achieve that level of old world English country.
    I've been in that room (twice!) and it is quite wonderful. I agree with Happy that it's quite busy as is, but I could certainly live with a modified, more subdued version. My house is nowhere near being in Beauport's league, so my takeaways from places like this are always just little snippets of ideas.

Rosa, this is so cool for me that you have been in that house! I love that room. Is that wallpaper on the walls or an artist’s work?

There is a wonderful bedroom at Beauport/Sleeper-McCann Mansion in Gloucester that comes to mind:
    Attachment 4696
    Attachment 4697

Our bedroom is kind of an attic bedroom, since we live in a 1 1/2 story cottage. Our bedroom has all those slanty wall/ceilings and many head bumps have been sustained over the years.
    I love that bedroom!!! It's like a Secret Garden bedroom.

I lived in a Cape Cod, and my bedroom had lots of slanted roofs, and my father had built some wonderful built-in shelves and dressers. It was a T-shaped room, and I had two twin beds in one part of the T and the other part was my little reading/hobby area.

Built-ins are almost a must for those slanty spaces. And I love the craftsmanship of built-ins. A lot of Shaker houses had them--you can make the most of space that way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I love that bedroom!!! It's like a Secret Garden bedroom.

I lived in a Cape Cod, and my bedroom had lots of slanted roofs, and my father had built some wonderful built-in shelves and dressers. It was a T-shaped room, and I had two twin beds in one part of the T and the other part was my little reading/hobby area.

Built-ins are almost a must for those slanty spaces. And I love the craftsmanship of built-ins. A lot of Shaker houses had them--you can make the most of space that way.
    I am trying to figure out what kind of cabinetry I would like to have in my bedroom. I need one closet type wardrobe thing. Not sure what else.I can’t have DH build them because they wont be done until ?i am 85 years old! Or dead.

But if I put an order about now with the Amish guys, I would have them in about a year.

IL: Here is some info about the wallpaper: https://www.historicnewengland.org/e...ct/?gusn=56877
    It is a wonderfully quirky property; I love so much about it. It's well worth a visit if you are ever in the area of Gloucester, MA as well as the nearby Hammond Castle.

Thread Information