Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

Looking good, IL!

I am so jealous of that stove!! Can you remind me of the color of the cabinets? The cabinets and the stove complement each other really well.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I am so jealous of that stove!! Can you remind me of the color of the cabinets? The cabinets and the stove complement each other really well.
    The cabinets are Sherwin Williams “Celery” color. Countertops are a honed black granite with soft white veining.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The cabinets are Sherwin Williams “Celery” color. Countertops are a honed black granite with soft white veining.
    Oh, perfect!!! I love that color combination! If I didn't acede to my DH request for blue, that would be my color palette for my house
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Oh, perfect!!! I love that color combination! If I didn't acede to my DH request for blue, that would be my color palette for my house
    It is colorful and a little bit cutesy. I have red accents all over the kitchen and I think I’m gonna tone that down. The backsplash is going to be soft light green marble tile which varies in shades and I like that. I haven’t installed cabinet handles yet because I was going to do red and black, and I probably still will. But I don’t know, red and black it’s getting to be a bit much.

It makes me want my living room to be shades of oatmeal, tan, and beige, in other words, calming. So that’s what I’m thinking right now, taking a color cue from the fireplace brick which is shades of tan. I usually like lots of color but there is such a thing as too much if they’re not well coordinated between rooms.

I find myself gravitating toward complementary colors so celery and red would suit me fine. And black as an accent color always works for me. Handsome stove.

I love the stove and cabinets. My kitchen is white with black granite that has specks of white. I used red accents such as a red toaster, canister set, and can opener. I like your idea of red cabinet handles and may see what I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yesterday DH installed our red stove. We’ve been waiting for weeks for the overhead fan unit to be shipped to us, and then we had to wait a couple of weeks for our contractor to come back and cut a hole in the roof for it.

The second picture shows a fully framed door. DH is re-creating the original woodwork for this house. When we bought this house there was only one room that had original woodwork and an original door. Someone had torn everything out in the 1970s to put in cheap awful stuff. But now every room will have the original woodwork profile which is really quite simple befitting our simple cottage house.

Attachment 4839

Attachment 4840
    Very nice, IL. Your Hermann House is really coming together! Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

IL the kitchen looks fabulous!

Here are images of our 3rd bathroom, tile work in progress. DH is punching out little blue octagon tiles from a hunk of blue tile, and inserting them into a pattern within white tile. This bathroom will be cute, small of course.

FD562971-6E31-438F-A534-9A4DC428A024.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information