Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermann house renovation

Where is the rocking chair in the truck bed?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Where is the rocking chair in the truck bed?
    Do you see the chair? It Doesn’t rock, and it’s not on the truck, it’s on the trailer, but yeah, it is hillbillyesque!

DH is now finishing the downstairs main bathroom. We bought onyx panels for the shower. I’m not sure why we did that. I think it’s because our contractor suggested that’s what we should buy.

I’m not a fan of this onyx stuff. It looks cheap but isn’t. That is not a good combination.

Keep telling myself well, there’s no grout lines. You will like that in the end. That’s what I keep telling myself.

Did you look at different panels?

Did you look at different panels?
    Yes. They were all a version of not nice.

Why did you go panel instead of tile if you're not crazy about it?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Why did you go panel instead of tile if you're not crazy about it?
    It was the lure of no grout.

I am stuck, really really stuck on decor for my bedroom. First of all, we are many months if not a year away from finishing my bedroom in this house. It is a very cute bedroom, an attic bedroom with A nice size dormer alcove. I always think attic bedrooms have lots of personality.

So I have lots of time and unlimited budget to do what I want to do. But I have little idea of what I want to do. I’ve already changed several times my idea. Generally, though, the house is a cottage style house so the bedroom would be something that fits with that.

The bed is a full-size bed, but certainly limits new beds frames because most things are queen-size these days. That is OK, I don’t mind that limitation. I would likely get a vintage or antique bed anyway. Platform beds are probably too big to get up in a little staircase of this cottage house.

I’m just musing here not looking for ideas necessarily. I do continue to like that wallpaper Catherine used in her house. I like the pink version of it. But there are lots of wallpapers I could like. Do I use wallpaper at all? Do I wallpaper ceiling and walls? Do I wallpaper just The alcove? I have tons of photos on Pinterest about wallpapered alcove attic bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It was the lure of no grout.

Probably should have considered larger tile then. The shower in my current house, after the shower handle broke and I sent late boss the sockets to do the job, he said the heck with it and redid the bathroom. 12 or 16" tile on the walls of the shower.

So did they use that stuff on the floor as well?

Probably should have considered larger tile then. The shower in my current house, after the shower handle broke and I sent late boss the sockets to do the job, he said the heck with it and redid the bathroom. 12 or 16" tile on the walls of the shower.

So did they use that stuff on the floor as well?
    Yes, the shower base is that Onyx stuff as well. For our Upstairs bathroom we did choose a large plain white tile fir shower area that will hopefully be timeless.

Thread Information