Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 40 Hrs Decluttering and Making My Home Nice Using Flylady's Timer Method: 1/21-2/15

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When I moved into my condo any furniture that didn’t fit was immediately sold.
    This is exactly what I am hoping will happen when we eventually get into a smaller place.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I like your title EJChase. I am trying to envision ways not just to declutter but to also make my home nice - things as simple as getting all the light bulbs in a fixture to match. Thank you for getting me to think about the next level.
    Hi Yppej - Glad the title was helpful! One thing I've realized through this process is that since I've spent so much of my life focused on having too much stuff at home and trying to let that stuff go, I've mostly seen taking care of my house as a negative process, a subtraction process. Now that I've managed to declutter a lot, I've been moving towards thinking about what I want my house to look like, and at the beginning of the process, I had no idea! I've found it really helpful to look at home magazines and sites like Pinterest and apartment therapy to help me envision what I want my home to look like, to give myself a vision so I know what I want to add (instead of just subtracting).

It's a constant process, but it's creative and fun. I work very much in baby steps - one room or corner of a room at a time. But slowly, I am coming to enjoy my home a lot more.

I think the way your home looks can have a big effect on your happiness. It feels uncomfortable to be in a cluttered unattractive house. It’s nice to choose your style and what makes you happy.

I totally agree Terry, and a well-organized home can make your life flow better, less time wasted searching for things, etc.

Without my ex I can find everything because it’s always in the same place. My son is the same way so no searching for anything.

Thread Information