Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Hrs Decluttering and Making My Home Nice Using Flylady's Timer Method: 1/21-2/15

Good progress, folks!

I am now retired from decluttering as there’s nothing left that I don’t want. My clutter problem is permanently solved since I decluttered by getting rid of the junk master.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am now retired from decluttering as there’s nothing left that I don’t want. My clutter problem is permanently solved since I decluttered by getting rid of the junk master.
    I am laughing here. It’s a little bit sad but mostly not sad!

I found more kitchen items in a bottom cabinet and asked him if he wanted them. While choosing some he proceeds to tell me that I don’t value anything. I say you value everything including garbage. I then said your place will soon be a shit hole of junk. Trying to insult me he said “Yours will be immaculate.” I laughed and walked away. Not really much of a insult).

Congrats on the $750 from selling stuff, Teacher Terry! That's great. And congratulations on finishing!

I'm on spring break this week and still have a lot of work, but I took two hours today to go through a bunch of online purchases I'd received, a big source of my clutter. I managed to sort out what to keep and what to return and got 7 items returned. It felt really good. Also was just about to put two big plastic plant pots in recycling when an acquaintance posted on the neighborhood moms Facebook group that she was looking for some. They are on the porch waiting for her to come pick them up!

New total: 28.

Echase, you are continuing to make great progress! I like how you are changing habits like returning items. I have always been good at that because I see the items as cash which motivates me to return them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Echase, you are continuing to make great progress! I like how you are changing habits like returning items. I have always been good at that because I see the items as cash which motivates me to return them.
    That's a great point. I'm going to start trying to think of them that way.

I've been trying to get the balance on my credit card back down to zero, and I did think yesterday, as I was putting those items in the mail, about how what I was doing would help with that goal!

1 hour today cleaning up our guest room into which a fair amount of clutter had migrated. New total: 29.

It's always a good sign at our house when the trash and recycling bins are full, and they are full now!

I did 1.5 hours earlier in the week and 1.5 this morning getting ready for the house cleaner to come. I always get really motivated when she comes to declutter "hot spots" so that they don't interfere with her cleaning.

I've also been doing a lot of decluttering in the backyard - getting rid of old plastic pots and other things that have accumulated there.

New total: 32.

Nice job, ejchase!

Thread Information