Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Learned Another New Word Today

I Learned Another New Word Today

I was commenting on some of the inaugural coverage to my kid yesterday. The kid thought it was joyous, while I thought it was fawning. Nothing new there.

But when I went on about the obsequious media purring over Bernie’s mittens, the fashion choices of various politicians and their kids and the general wonderfulness of the players, my kid said “That’s just celebritization”. I had never heard that word before, but it seemed to make sense in the context.

My Canadian friend commented that Justin and Joe were going to "chinwag" today. I never heard that before but, it too, makes sense in the context.

Some people were trying to be celebrities, others like Sanders may have been made so by the media but I doubt could really give a fig about what they are wearing. Of course no woman running for Prez could have been as indifferent to their appearance as Sanders is, that's male privilege, but still no need to show off.
    Trees don't grow on money

Somebody said his garb was true Vermont. If it was, I approve.

OH Idahl, you are going to have so much fun learning from the kid. I don't how or when it happens but the kid will be giving you needed advice one day.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    “That’s just celebritization”.
    Upon reflection, isn't that the basis of all modern politics?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Upon reflection, isn't that the basis of all modern politics?
    Since JFK, anyway. But when you hear CNN gushing about Harris’ stepdaughter as a “breakout fashion star”, you have to wonder if it’s gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    My Canadian friend commented that Justin and Joe were going to "chinwag" today. I never heard that before but, it too, makes sense in the context.
    I understand Justin has some concerns about Biden shutting down Keystone and the available of COVID vaccine he wants to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    OH Idahl, you are going to have so much fun learning from the kid. I don't how or when it happens but the kid will be giving you needed advice one day.
    I look to the future with pride and not a little fear.

Thread Information