Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February purge

Looking forward to a progress report!

Decluttered all the notebooks from my catechist class about 10 years ago. Doubt I’d looked at them since and I had a hard time reading my handwriting. LOL. I only taught a bit once. It was good for personal knowledge but I’ve gone in a different direction. Emptied one double shoebox size storage container. Stuff got consolidated into one. Found several partially or unused notebooks. Tore out the used pages. Work is paperless but I use notebooks for notes. That felt good to get those out of the way.

Opened one big tub in my closet to discover it’s totally empty.

Rosa, thanks for posting that.

Pitched about 20 books today.

Old diving drysuit went to the friend buying it today, along with a few diving odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Went around yesterday and got rid of a lot of papers, all the kitchen glasses (which I don’t like and don’t use). Kept a few Christmas cards I loved and pitched the rest.
    When you have Christmas cards or other cards with a picture on the front, cut the front off and give it to a young kid you know. Ask them if they like the picture, and nudge them into making up a story about the people in the picture, or the place, or what's happening.... With my generation, doing that could produce some very interesting results, but supposedly kids today have become screen dependent and lost their ability to make up imaginary stories.

Putting aside InstantPot. I simply don’t use it and I have very little space in my small kitchen. Three plastic mugs used for nuking soup that are very discolored as I eat a lot of tomato based soup and those stain. I will now simply use a Corelle bowl with a small plate for a cover. Glass tea pot I don’t use. Gone. I don’t bake any more so rolling pin, hand mixer, and a few other small things. Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Putting aside InstantPot. I simply don’t use it and I have very little space in my small kitchen. Three plastic mugs used for nuking soup that are very discolored as I eat a lot of tomato based soup and those stain. I will now simply use a Corelle bowl with a small plate for a cover. Glass tea pot I don’t use. Gone. I don’t bake any more so rolling pin, hand mixer, and a few other small things. Gone.
    I'm just trading my 6-qt. Instant pot for the 3-qt. model to make room on my totally inadequate counter top. I use mine maybe five times a week (for Asian-inspired meatballs today), but really don't need more than 3 quarts.

Yeah the 6qt is just huge for me. At least I have no $$ in it. Got it through an incentive program at the old job

Sold a paper grocery sack full of fat quarters and various quilt fabric precuts on Facebook local marketplace page today. $40!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm just trading my 6-qt. Instant pot for the 3-qt. model to make room on my totally inadequate counter top. I use mine maybe five times a week (for Asian-inspired meatballs today), but really don't need more than 3 quarts.
    I do like my 3 qt IP.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Today I am gifting a new Mom a bag of big flannel scraps. She posted in our Buy-Nothing neighborhood group that she want to make baby wipes. I have saved flannel chunks for years thinking I would make a big scrappy quilt.

The bag weighs.................17 pounds! It's likely enough for 75 wipes! Now I don't have to figure out a quilt to put a very weird assortment of scraps together and she has enough wipes to get this kid through potty training

Thread Information