Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February purge

February purge

Went around yesterday and got rid of a lot of papers, all the kitchen glasses (which I don’t like and don’t use). Kept a few Christmas cards I loved and pitched the rest.

Pulled 2 bins off the porch from under the snow. Offered 2 books to someone who consigns my good stuff. Sent an email to a customer about some others. Put a few in the stack for the guy who's buying the end of the bookstore. These should be my last chunk of pulps... Fragile, worth a lot in decent shape, and hard to sell because they're expensive!

Most of the more common stuff wound up in the stack for the guy buying the end of the store.

I have about 3 boxes of things to put in the booth at the moment. It's backed up because I didn't make there last week and haven't gone this week either. The box for the thrift shop is also full... Lots going out, if I can just get it there!
    -------
    Two books in a mailer for the guy who consigns my good stuff. Two other books in a mailer for the customer. So, 4 books out, 2 mailers, 2 sleeves. This will result in more $ and space -- hurrah!
    Last edited by NewGig; 2-3-21 at 8:11am. Reason: more data

Big purges happening and yet to come.
    (boss/friend who passed, for backstory) Two siblings (one other boss, and one friend) as well as siblings that don't live here, asked me to clean/search for certain items. Whose in charge was bickered about and siblings are not talking to each other, but all are talking to me (known them for 30 years).
    First purge, the roommates, thank god. Two separate idea's were had among us. I was asked to move in, to take care of the pet, because the woman that was living here, as his "caretaker", couldn't handle being here in the house at night, after he died in it. One sibling bought all the contents, and they and the "caretaker", just thought I would be happy with two rooms, and pay all the bills while letting them keep this place for storage or a museum to the dead. My view, was knowing restrictions/time issues, I would start with those two rooms, while they went through, sorted, and removed their stuff. This came to a head, when I was told to start moving in my tools, and then the next day, the garage was filled up with the brothers toys (large video/pinball/bowling game collection). Then the caretaker had a party, the day before Thanksgiving, where they were supposed to stay downstairs. I came home from work to find upstairs trashed, the house filled with smoke (started a fire and left the fireplace vent closed) of multiple kinds (pot as well).
    Now, I am wasting limited time, here (vent/motivation), as before getting on here, I am going through the left over stuff in the kitchen, figuring what do I need, can I use and need to donate (their stuff out, everything left is mine to do with as I see fit).
    I have two houses to clean out and move stuff from one to the other, so I can sell one and move on.

Wow! That's a lot of work without the drama and sabotage. Good for you!

I cleaned out my pantry yesterday - it might have been the first time in two years that I literally took every single thing out - and threw out a LOT of stuff, too much to count.

But I did find 24 items to give to neighbors: 20 individually wrapped packets of microwave popcorn, two bottles of root beer, two bottles of wine.

Yppej
    I saw DS cleared most of his random water and soda bottles from the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Big purges happening and yet to come.
    (boss/friend who passed, for backstory) Two siblings (one other boss, and one friend) as well as siblings that don't live here, asked me to clean/search for certain items. Whose in charge was bickered about and siblings are not talking to each other, but all are talking to me (known them for 30 years).
    First purge, the roommates, thank god. Two separate idea's were had among us. I was asked to move in, to take care of the pet, because the woman that was living here, as his "caretaker", couldn't handle being here in the house at night, after he died in it. One sibling bought all the contents, and they and the "caretaker", just thought I would be happy with two rooms, and pay all the bills while letting them keep this place for storage or a museum to the dead. My view, was knowing restrictions/time issues, I would start with those two rooms, while they went through, sorted, and removed their stuff. This came to a head, when I was told to start moving in my tools, and then the next day, the garage was filled up with the brothers toys (large video/pinball/bowling game collection). Then the caretaker had a party, the day before Thanksgiving, where they were supposed to stay downstairs. I came home from work to find upstairs trashed, the house filled with smoke (started a fire and left the fireplace vent closed) of multiple kinds (pot as well).
    Now, I am wasting limited time, here (vent/motivation), as before getting on here, I am going through the left over stuff in the kitchen, figuring what do I need, can I use and need to donate (their stuff out, everything left is mine to do with as I see fit).
    I have two houses to clean out and move stuff from one to the other, so I can sell one and move on.
    Aah! I thought my life was bad lately--this is horrible.

Supposedly someone is coming from Massachusetts on Saturday to take away an Atlantic woodstove--very valuable if fixed; we don't recondition stoves and can't even lift it, and he is a professional stove repair person who is basically getting the stove for nothing. Very annoying, but my husband wants it out of there and we are in our 60's and alone and this behemoth needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Supposedly someone is coming from Massachusetts on Saturday to take away an Atlantic woodstove--very valuable if fixed; we don't recondition stoves and can't even lift it, and he is a professional stove repair person who is basically getting the stove for nothing. Very annoying, but my husband wants it out of there and we are in our 60's and alone and this behemoth needs to go.
    That’s the kind of stuff that’s so hard to get rid of.

I have a bag in my car stuffed full. Likely 12 items? I'll drop off on my weekly round of errands. It's simply a miscellany of stuff from walking around our home and grabbing items not used in the last 3 months.

I'm using up aging food from the fridge so it's not wasted. 1 more meal (with a lunch for hubster) and all will be used up!

Thread Information