Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February Frugals

Yppej

February Frugals

Almost a frugal - I found a lower price on brakes but the place is not open evenings or Saturdays and it is not worth using a vacation day on that. Already I am having to waste days on snowstorms.

Recaulked around the toilet and am planning to do more home repairs myself. I am very annoyed with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Almost a frugal - I found a lower price on brakes but the place is not open evenings or Saturdays and it is not worth using a vacation day on that. Already I am having to waste days on snowstorms.

Recaulked around the toilet and am planning to do more home repairs myself. I am very annoyed with the house.
    Good luck with your home repairs. The bright side is that you will build skills, and there is a definite satisfaction to getting things done yourself. I just fixed something that has been a minor annoyance off and on for 2 - 3 years, and all it took was a squirt of spray lubricant. I cannot believe that it actually took me YEARS to think of trying this simple and effective remedy.

Yppej
    Got a haircut for $6.00 plus tip.

have gotten only one haircut in the past year - saving about $60.00. When my hair starts to drive me nuts, I whack at it with manicure scissors (so I can't cut off too much at a time and make holes in my hair, lol) until I'm sick of messing or it looks better, whichever comes first. Thank goodness our house has very few mirrors!

New kitchen, really doesn't have good pot and pan storage. One whole empty wall that he used a bakers rack, he hated (ex's) for pot and pan storage.
    You all remember the armoire craze? Well have an expensive one, that was custom built for a late, local football player, that was part of the estate they bought out. (football player used it for stereo system components). Tall with a LOT of removable/repositionable shelves, so I am putting it on that wall for pantry and pot and pan cabinet, for now.

That sounds like a really good idea!

I like the idea of repurposing that armoire! Yeah that probably looks cool too.

TMS, would love to see a photo of the armoire.

Yppej
    Went to a different smaller, safer supermarket but prices were high so I only spent $43.00. At cheaper stores I stock up.

Yppej
    I am making bean gorditas with more of the 4.4 pound bag of masa harina I got for 99 cents.

Replaced the oil pressure sensor and am hoping to be able to continue driving my existing car some more. The test will come Monday when I commute since the light only starts flashing when the car is warmed up (after anywhere from 15 to 40 minutes depending on the outside temperature) especially when it is warm and idling. It was cheaper just to replace it and see, since it is a likely culprit, than to pay for hours of diagnostic work. The shop did check and the oil level is fine.

Thread Information