Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: February Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    for me that would be a BIG problem... no food for people or animals, no TP, no cleaners. . .
    I went to the grocery store Jan 29. I will go again Thursday. If we wanted to eat pasta w/ratatouille every night we'd be good for a month but that's a bit much for me.

Kylie (cat) has enough food on hand for 60 days.

TP-still have enough on hand for another 60 days.

Cleaners: I do everything with baking soda and vinegar. Big bag of Bkg Soda from Costco lasts a year or more. Gallon of vinegar lasts 6 months.

We have a CSA subscription May-September. I bought seeds 6w ago for the garden. That's a ton of food for less than $20. I enjoy the gardening. Great sun and great exercise.

Ah, so you DO buy stuff, lol.

I have not been to the grocery this month yet. Cat food/meds and TP are on subscription and come every 90 days, or thereabouts. I use a lot of baking soda but the smell of vinegar makes DD nauseous so I don't use as much of it since she has moved in with us. I buy business-hobby supplies as needed, but make sure I don't pay postage by waiting until I have a large enough order. We don't shop much or often, but we DO have to buy things from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    What's not working on the new to you stove?
    It's a door problem--it is not hitting right to turn off the light, and you can't use the self cleaning latch. Supposedly we can try adjusting the hinges.

I unscrewed the bulb so it is off all the time and cleaned it by hand.

Not ideal, but it is still an improvement over what was there.

I had posted about my recently completed jigsaw puzzle on FB, and one of my friends is apparently an enthusiast. She is going to drop off a couple of puzzles to me today and pick up the one we just finished, so this means more puzzle enjoyment for no extra charge! This also means lower cost-per-use and per-hour cost of entertainment for future puzzle purchases if I share them!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Ah, so you DO buy stuff, lol.
    This topic is February Frugals. Did I misread?

My frugal is I paid 34k less for the condo I am buying versus the first one I put the original offer on it.

You win the prize for frugality so far this month, I think, TT. Do I hear a better offer?

The best part is that you were able to also avoid future excess expense on your condo monthly fee so that adds up as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Decided to try my hand at making extracts. There was a sale on organic oranges so have been putting zest in the freezer and have a batch of extract macerating. It should be interesting. I have bought real flavored extracts in the past and they are expensive so hopefully this will turn out.

Well, sort of "forced frugality" maybe - lol. Normally do a grocery store run every week (with list in hand!), but haven't been in a couple weeks due to weather, exhaustion, time, etc. So, sort of frugal! LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I had posted about my recently completed jigsaw puzzle on FB, and one of my friends is apparently an enthusiast. She is going to drop off a couple of puzzles to me today and pick up the one we just finished, so this means more puzzle enjoyment for no extra charge! This also means lower cost-per-use and per-hour cost of entertainment for future puzzle purchases if I share them!
    That is so nice! Can't wait to see pics of completed ones.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information