Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    FWIW, San Francisco International Airport, designated as SFO, is not involved in any of these issues. (It’s not even in the City limits).

SFO does not have a homeless problem- they regularly run people out who do not have tickets for flights.

It is the City and County of San Francisco (yes, they are exactly the same), sometimes referenced as SF, that is in the news lately for the issues with the schools.

Sorry if I appear nitpicking, but improper attributions confuse communications, and grate on my nerves.
    Wound a bit too tight?

Habit carried over from working with air freight for years. MKE is Milwaukee. CLE is Cleveland. MSP is Minneapolis-St Paul. And so on. Means the city as well as the airport.

Tradd, So should we start to abbreviate Chicago by calling it ORD? Or MDW?

I understand NYC is also considering a lottery system for its gifted and talented schools to change the shading of student bodies. Vonnegut’s Handicapper General would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Just call it O'Hara, like the Boss did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Wound a bit too tight?

Habit carried over from working with air freight for years. MKE is Milwaukee. CLE is Cleveland. MSP is Minneapolis-St Paul. And so on. Means the city as well as the airport.
    Is that what they call a meronym?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Whatever you like.

A few years ago I visited San Francisco. I experienced an international orchid show. I walked this and that neighborhood. I viewed the Lunar New Year Parade from the second floor of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. I spent a day in Grace Cathedral, and now in my sunporch I can still gaze upon a brass replica of the labyrinth on which I walked there. These were some of the most delightful days of my life.

I was "just visiting". I did not need to be concerned with the problems that residents of SF are coming to grips with politically. But from a distance I wish them well.

One article I read said that there are problems, and then there are First World problems, and then there are San Francisco problems.

We used to go to San Fran every year and found it great. 4 years ago it was disgusting. It reeked of urine, so dirty and homelessness has exploded. As a nation we need housing for them. It’s become a big problem in states that are warmer. Our rents have skyrocketed and so have the homeless. Our mayor and city council love that all the crappy motels have been tore down but that’s where the poor people lived. Upscale condos for the rich are now downtown for the wealthy from California. Empty lots are eyesores too as Jacobs entertainment ran out of money and never built his upscale housing after tearing down the motels. Ugh!

Thread Information