Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Impressive Leader, Angela Merkel

An Impressive Leader, Angela Merkel

Popping into the forum because this individual deserves a thread; a very remarkable woman who provided an example of integrity and amazing leadership both for her country and the world.She is a rare leader indeed.

From a German friend:
    "Sharing this. She was such an exemplar. I wish the country has followers with equally steady hands...

ANGELA MERKEL DEMITS WITH HER INTEGRITY IN ORDER

Germany bid farewell to Merkel with six minutes of warm applause.

The Germans elected her to lead them, and she led 80 million Germans for 18 years with competence, skill, dedication and sincerity.
    During these eighteen years of her leadership of the authority in her country, no transgressions were recorded against her .. She did not assign any of her relatives a secretary .. She did not claim that she was the maker of glories .. She did not get millions out of her, nor did anyone cheer her life, she did not receive charters and pledges, she did not fight those who preceded her and did not dissolve her. The blood of her fellow countrymen .. She did not utter nonsense .. She did not appear in the alleys of Berlin to be photographed.

It is (Angelica Merkel) the woman who was dubbed "The Lady of the World" and was described as the equivalent of six million men.

Yesterday, Merkel left the party leadership position and handed it over to those after her, and Germany and its German people are in the best condition.

The reaction of the Germans was unprecedented in the history of the Germans .. The whole people went out to the balconies of the houses and clapped for her spontaneously for 6 continuous minutes of warm applause, without popular poets, scum, scum, impudence, colorists and climbers ..

Germany stood as one body bidding farewell to the leader of Germany, a chemical physicist who was not tempted by the fashion or the lights and did not buy real estate, cars, yachts and private planes, knowing that she is from former East Germany ..
    She left her post after leaving Germany at the top .. She left and her relatives did not repeat (We are the elders of the country) .. Eighteen years and did not change her old clothes ..
    God be upon this silent leader.
    God be upon the greatness of Germany ..

At a press conference, a female journalist asked Merkel: We notice that your suit is repeated, don’t you have another?
    She replied: I am a government employee and not a model.

At another press conference, they asked her: Do you have housemaids who clean the house, prepare meals and so on?
    Her answer was: No, I do not have female workers and I do not need them. My husband and I do this work at home every day.

Then another journalist asked: Who is washing the clothes, you or your husband?
    Their answer: I arrange the clothes, and my husband is the one who operates the washing machine, and it is usually at night, because electricity is available and there is no pressure on it, and the most important thing is to take into the account the neighbors from the inconvenience, and the wall separating our apartment from the neighbors is thick.
    She said: To them, I expected you to ask me about the successes and failures in our work in the government.

Mrs. Merkel lives in a normal apartment like any other citizen .. This apartment she lives in before being elected Prime Minister of Germany and she did not leave it and does not own a villa, servants, swimming pools and gardens ..

This is Merkel, the Prime Minister of Germany, the largest economy in Europe !!"
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

She is an inspiration.

Great tribute to her. Thanks for sharing it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    I remember refugees walking to Germany carrying big portraits of her.

A good tribute to a good leader.

What would some of her impressive accomplishments include?

Sounds like she'd fit in on this forum pretty well!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    What would some of her impressive accomplishments include?
    She lead her people by a mix of pragmatic and scientific thinking but flexible to change which is the German approach to life, it seems. She earned world respect by neither tolerating those who are a behaviour problem nor insulting them. She negotiated and mediated quietly but stood her ground as needed. In other words, she is a wise leader respected by her country and others. Remarkable lady.

Germany is the EU powerhouse under her chancellorship.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    She lead her people by a mix of pragmatic and scientific thinking but flexible to change which is the German approach to life, it seems. She earned world respect by neither tolerating those who are a behaviour problem nor insulting them. She negotiated and mediated quietly but stood her ground as needed. In other words, she is a wise leader respected by her country and others. Remarkable lady.

Germany is the EU powerhouse under her chancellorship.
    That’s not very specific. How is Germany or the EU or the world at large better off due to her remarkable leadership?

Idahl, it is specific as a leadership qualities that are respected and trusted in mediation, pragmatism, vision, persuading acceptance of Syrian refugees and how to integrate them. If you are looking for $$$ value of leadership then I think that we have opposing views of qualities of leadership.

Thread Information