Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drooling over teardrop trailers

Drooling over teardrop trailers

I like small spaces. Have you seen any of the modern tear drop trailers, such as the T@B trailers? They even have bathrooms (wet bath). The cost is ridiculous. $25K-$30K. But oh, are they CUTE. And you don’t need a huge truck to pull them. Way out of my budget, but dang, would they be fun. Some people even full time in them.

Last edited by Tradd; 2-4-21 at 10:48pm.

I think they can be easily acquired for under $10k. I've seen them out and about. Bathroom amenities rapidly increase cost to be sure.

Even $10K is too much. A diving buddy has one of the really small ones that’s essentially just a bed on wheels. Even those are a lot. I can get a lot of hotel rooms for what these things cost. Plus I am not mechanically inclined, so I have no business owning something like this. But dang, they are neat.

I don’t understand why the teardrops are so freaking expensive. I don’t think they’re that great anyway, they’re just a tiny sleeping cubicle.

I like the older fiberglass ones like The Scamp products.

IL, the Scamps are still being made. I don’t like the interior design, thought. Think they’re ugly.

I LOVE teardrops. They are so cute and easy to pull around. My son has one--a handmade vintage one, and that's where he sleeps in the summer when he visits.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I think they are so cute, I saw one at REI a few years back and have been lusting ever since.

So far I have escaped the foolishness of owning one. Seems like they'd be perfect for hitting the road with the dog.

2 of my friends have them. They are both 60ish, retired and love them. I enjoy watching their travel adventures on FB.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I've been looking at this Barefoot Camper- its currently made in the UK and there is a US producer (the same NuCamp that makes the TAB) working on this for the US market:

https://youtu.be/NKli6bGNRh0

This one is intended primarily for the festival goer ie weekend only camping. This one even has a built in (3 bottle) wine rack. Having been in a lot of campgrounds in my life, I noticed how friendly the other people are. My minimum requirement is that I have to be able to drink a cup of coffee first before talking to others. So campers that have the kitchen outside wouldn't work for me. Once you are outside visible, you are fair game for chatter by fellow campers.

Thread Information