Thread: Thanks for good suggestion, Catherine!

Thanks for good suggestion, Catherine!

I can't find the original post, but you had posted about building some muscles by kind of sneaking in/tacking on some exercise to your daily meditation practice. I think I've done a solid job with building meditation into my daily routine, so I gave that some thought, and now I have a definite daily exercise routine going on right after meditation. It makes such good sense; I'm already lying on a mat and have carved out some quiet time, so it's working well for me. So thanks for sharing!

Oh, cool!

I put that post in the Daily Rave.. I'm so glad you tried out "stacking habits"! Yes, it does work. It gets to the point that I feel bad if I don't exercise after my meditation--even though the exercise only takes me about 7 minutes!

But every little bit helps. So here's a picture of me carrying two bundles of wood when DD and I had our getaway in NH a couple of weeks ago--not sure I would have been able to just sprint across the street with them a year ago!

FullSizeRender.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Oh, cool!

I put that post in the Daily Rave.. I'm so glad you tried out "stacking habits"! Yes, it does work. It gets to the point that I feel bad if I don't exercise after my meditation--even though the exercise only takes me about 7 minutes!

But every little bit helps. So here's a picture of me carrying two bundles of wood when DD and I had our getaway in NH a couple of weeks ago--not sure I would have been able to just sprint across the street with them a year ago!

FullSizeRender.jpg
    Superwoman!

Bravo Catherine and Rosa! It's great when strengthening becomes a habit AND you can see results. I tied my stretches to coffee....I must do them before I can plug in the coffee maker. Then I do certain stretches as it brews, but I do about 15 minutes of others (from the physical therapist and some of yoga-ish) before letting the coffee brew. With my first cup I do my meditation, journal, writing . So the morning FLIES by and I feel very virtuous! It's great to carry two loads of wood!

In line with the topic of quick workouts, one of my siblings told me that this song is making a comeback as a quick workout for some folks(there are several youtube video versions):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeA2OBEApnM

Sibling added "I can do 6 minutes a day!!!"

I'm actually old enough to remember this when it originally came out. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    In line with the topic of quick workouts, one of my siblings told me that this song is making a comeback as a quick workout for some folks(there are several youtube video versions):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeA2OBEApnM

Sibling added "I can do 6 minutes a day!!!"

I'm actually old enough to remember this when it originally came out. LOL.
    I've never seen this! This is awesome! I might add it to my routine! I love musicals, especially old ones, and this is definitely a Robert Preston musical, but I can't identify it. I don't think it's Music Man.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I've never seen this! This is awesome! I might add it to my routine! I love musicals, especially old ones, and this is definitely a Robert Preston musical, but I can't identify it. I don't think it's Music Man.
    No, not from a musical. According to wikipedia: "Chicken Fat" was the theme song for President John F. Kennedy's youth fitness program...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Fat_(song)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

No, not from a musical. According to wikipedia: "Chicken Fat" was the theme song for President John F. Kennedy's youth fitness program...

Well, I was right about Robert Preston!

I may still hear it in my nightmares...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I may still hear it in my nightmares...
    No kidding.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information