Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuteness: Minnie Mouse

Cuteness: Minnie Mouse

And now for something cute. Here is Minnie Mouse. She is our foster dog. She has been with us since September. I love her and would love to keep her, but my big dog beats up on her unpredictably. He has a wire in his brain that’s not hooked up properly. He also loves her and he plays with her and sometimes they sleep together. But he will go into an unpredictable rage and beat up on her. She’s not safe here.

She is an interesting little creature because she’s a dwarf. I’m not sure if you all can tell that from her photo. She was deliberately bred that way. And then her ears were cut with scissors when she was a baby because that is “the look.” These ghetto folks have....err...interesting ideas about dogs.
    Her family dropped her off at the Humane Society dripping milk, saying that they had picked her up on the street. A huge lie of course. This dog doesn’t run anywhere she’s a house dog and she would stick close to home. They lied because if they had turned their own dog in, they would’ve had to pay $50. They are lying liars who lie and are disgusting humans.They kept her puppies of course although we wonder how many puppies there were because they decided she was not worth the trouble to keep any longer.

The Humane Society decided she was far too problematic with her physical limitations and so the Humane Society turned her over to bulldog rescue. Believe me when I say that particular organization turns over very few bulldogs to us because bulldogs are big money makers. They did not perceive this little one to be a money maker.

Despite living in less than optimal conditions she’s a happy little dog, well socialized, confident, flexible.

Now she is ready to place in another home and I think I know where she’s going. That will be lovely because I can continue to see her. She’s had three major surgeries in five months. She was spayed, and she had palate reduction surgery, then she had dental surgery. Humane Society knew nothing about the need for palate surgery and dental surgery because they are not well versed in bulldog health issues. They were seeing orthopedic problems but she’s gonna be fine with those.

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk about Minnie mouse.

F7C91AE0-EC21-4371-BBE9-E94D492DACDD.jpg

892F06E4-FC50-4458-BE85-F8078AA438BC.jpg

She's sweet-looking little thing. I'm glad she's getting a good home and you'll be able to visit her.

Thank God this turned out to be pictures of an adorable doggie and not Minnie Mouse! I thought it was going to be some Disney video or something, but I couldn't imagine IL posting something like that.

Minnie is adorable!! Someday I am getting another dog.. someone here posted recently that "downsizing" dogs is important as you get older, and I agree--I love labs and border collies, but the next dog is going to have to be smaller. But I hate frou-frou dogs. Something like that little bulldog might do the trick. Such a shame how she was handled by her prior owners.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

She’s cute.

Cute little girl. Given the needed healthcare that she has received, how long do you consider her lifespan will be? The norm is 8 years, is it?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Thank God this turned out to be pictures of an adorable doggie and not Minnie Mouse! I thought it was going to be some Disney video or something, but I couldn't imagine IL posting something like that.
    She leaves all the literal stuff to me:

Now, back to your scheduled programming.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    She leaves all the literal stuff to me:

Now, back to your scheduled programming.
    Your travel trailer’s name was long forgotten in my brain!

Our little dog’s nickname is “the rodent.” She is mouse colored and tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Cute little girl. Given the needed healthcare that she has received, how long do you consider her lifespan will be? The norm is 8 years, is it?
    8 is average for bulldogs, but mineusually live well beyond that. I expect mine to live 10 anyway.

We do not know how old she is (because her lying family could not be bothered to share that info) but we guess 7. She will easily live to be 10, and likely beyond, having the small dog thing going for her.

Her orthopedic problems will not cause her to die. We just have to watch her so that she doesn’t start experiencing pain and when she does we put her on Rimadeyl. We want to limit the number of of steps she has to navigate in her life. But she will be fine.

She’s adorable. So glad you will be able to visit her.

Cute little thing! Too bad you can't keep her! But it sounds like she'll end up in a good home
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information