Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: After the last year , What I learned

My DH did all the shopping and most of the cooking and always enjoyed it. We decided to do grocery delivery from Safeway. OMG - love it! We love it so much that we will probably stick with it. No driving, parking and unloading in the rain. So nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    My DH did all the shopping and most of the cooking and always enjoyed it. We decided to do grocery delivery from Safeway. OMG - love it! We love it so much that we will probably stick with it. No driving, parking and unloading in the rain. So nice.
    Is it a no-contact delivery? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Safeway. Its website says one thing, customer service says another.
    I'm sold on delivery, too--but how I miss my Grocery Outlet, and its prices!

Once I am fully vaccinated I am going back to Winco because they have the best prices, great meat but no pick up options. I will also enjoy getting out.

I went to the grocery store for the for time yesterday in weeks.

I sure spend more when there than when ordering online!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I went to the grocery store for the for time yesterday in weeks.

I sure spend more when there than when ordering online!
    Absolutely. Grocery Outlet has wonderful prices.

I shopped for groceries, but back in the day I'd add the total up in my head and knew about what it would be before I even got to the checkout and made sure I had cash on hand, in my head sometimes but sometimes I'd jot down the total also. None of that happened in the pandemic and I went to expensive grocery stores.
    Trees don't grow on money

Oh I guess I learned to exercise power where one has it. Now I don't by and large have boatloads of power. Just the truth. But I figured the only way to exercise my power where I might have some to avoid being pushed into the maw of a hungry covid was to beg work to keep working at home, because no other powers that be could give a @#$# about me. Ha turns out pretty much noone went back more than 1 day a week and not even that, as the time we were scheduled to was ALWAYS coinciding with surges ...

However the cost of exercising this power was making my self sick with stress related illness (not covid - that's a germ ). So um er. Yea it was an incredibly crappy year.
    Trees don't grow on money

Jane it is no contact delivery. We open the garage door when they drive up and they put it in the middle of the driveway and we scoop it up from there. $30 minimum which is no problem for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Jane it is no contact delivery. We open the garage door when they drive up and they put it in the middle of the driveway and we scoop it up from there. $30 minimum which is no problem for us.
    That's entirely too much contact for me--I'm used to the service where I hang around, fiddling with the computer until I get an email telling me my delivery is complete and would I like to rate it. Garage door opening and waving and schlepping groceries from somewhere other than right in front of my door wouldn't cut it.

Jane, they also will leave it on your front porch and wave at you when you come to the door or they call you and leave.

Thread Information