Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: After the last year , What I learned

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods delivery both have large bags of carrots--I have five pounds of organic carrots on my list as I type. You might alternate among providers to get what you want.
    Oh hell no, it’s been hard enough to figure out how this one store works its pick up. They have changed twice. And then I hate my cell phone which I’m forced to use, so NO CHANGING ON MEEEEEEEE!

I buy as much as I can online, all pantry and cleaning items, milk for my grand daughter I care for, organic delivered even. I bike to the small market early Sunday or Monday, which I made the comment the other day it has been so long, thanks covid, from shopping at that time I can't remember shopping with people! I have not used the order online and pick up at grocery store feature however. I just cant see someone picking out the veggies that I am so picky about, but maybe I will try.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh hell no, it’s been hard enough to figure out how this one store works its pick up. They have changed twice. And then I hate my cell phone which I’m forced to use, so NO CHANGING ON MEEEEEEEE!
    Can't you use your iPad?

People showed their true colors during this COVID time. Real friends stayed in touch. I was very depressed initially to be home all the time. I have learned to adapt but will be happy to again do some of the things I had to let go. I will never be one of the hermit types. I have stockpiling to an art AND have used everything I bought. I learned to shop during senior hours and only shop every three weeks.

It has truly been a year to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Can't you use your iPad?
    I don’t see how explain to me how. I’m not talking about the ordering part, I’m talking about pick up where we have to communicate when I’m in the parking lot.

One magical time they walked out just as I pulled up because I had told them I was leaving my housevand Apparently the GPS tracker informed them of my whereabouts.But the next time that didn’t work at all. And then I kept hitting a button to tell them I was in the parking lot but they didn’t seem to get the message. And times before that, I didn’t even know where I was supposed to park, and then when I learned that I was supposed to call them but they didn’t answer, and… There’s been numerous problems with pick up.

Thought you were talking about ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hahaha! I do delivery, so it's just a matter of ordering (couldn't be easier) and waiting. I did a Safeway pickup once, and it was pretty easy, too.

I have learned that a tremendous number of people think Science is stupid and worthless and virologists and Infection Prevention professionals are useless. Yet, when it comes to healthcare, they want us to be perfect and use all the science we have ever learned and don't we dare make a human error.

As for running my life and household during the pandemic: essentially no change. I did a quick stock up in March when we shut down but it took me until 2w ago to use it up as I stocked up stuff I don't usually buy frozen. I didn't need it so it was sitting in the freezer for someday.

Hubster's life: work at home. And he prefers it. No commute time, doesn't have to shower/dress daily, the kitchen is at his disposal (no I do not make his breakfast and lunch, he is in charge of that just like when he worked) and he actually doesn't mind spending more time with his ball n' chain

I have learned people don't like evidence and facts. They want to believe what they think blindly.

And lastly, I've learned that many many people actually believe every human in this country is treated equally.

I'm not sure which of the above makes me the saddest-it's all sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I have learned that a tremendous number of people think Science is stupid and worthless and virologists and Infection Prevention professionals are useless. Yet, when it comes to healthcare, they want us to be perfect and use all the science we have ever learned and don't we dare make a human error.

As for running my life and household during the pandemic: essentially no change. I did a quick stock up in March when we shut down but it took me until 2w ago to use it up as I stocked up stuff I don't usually buy frozen. I didn't need it so it was sitting in the freezer for someday.

Hubster's life: work at home. And he prefers it. No commute time, doesn't have to shower/dress daily, the kitchen is at his disposal (no I do not make his breakfast and lunch, he is in charge of that just like when he worked) and he actually doesn't mind spending more time with his ball n' chain

I have learned people don't like evidence and facts. They want to believe what they think blindly.

And lastly, I've learned that many many people actually believe every human in this country is treated equally.

I'm not sure which of the above makes me the saddest-it's all sad.
    I agree. But I still see enough good to remain, personally, hopeful and helpful.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I learned my governor, who I previously liked, is a pompous, condescending, self-righteous, hypocritical, image driven dictator who only cares about the sector of the economy in which he made his millions and that he lacks common sense.
    And Harvard University just gave my state an F for its vaccine rollout. Yes, I learned what a loser my governor is. His latest idea is anyone accompanying a senior for a vaccine can get a vaccine as well. People are running Craig's List ads looking for seniors so they can jump to the top of the queue ahead of those with greater needs by pairing up with a stranger senior.

Thread Information