Thread: Another computer tech question

Another computer tech question

A friend has sent me several videos which end in 'pps'. This is the message that I get:

" There is no application set to open the document "POSITIVE SIDE OF LIFEep(3).pps"

Does anyone have advice on which app is being used that I can download? TIA
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

What are you running? (Windows, Mac, etc)
    Things like Openoffice or LIbreoffice spring to mind, and there may be some default Window's programs, that just need to be set as the default to open one.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    A friend has sent me several videos which end in 'pps'. This is the message that I get:

" There is no application set to open the document "POSITIVE SIDE OF LIFEep(3).pps"

Does anyone have advice on which app is being used that I can download? TIA
    It sounds like a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.

Either you don't have PowerPoint or it isn't installed. A good alternative is to Install LibreOffice and open that file with Impress, Or you can just install Impress by itself. Free Libre Open Source Software is good, Micro$oft is greedy and spys on you.

Ref: https://alternativeto.net/software/m...nse=opensource
    LibreOffice homepage: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

I have a Macbook. My friend emailing me has a Windows-based computer. Will investigate the alternatives suggested. Thanks.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

If I recall correctly I believe George is correct. .ppt is a PowerPoint presentation and . pps is a PowerPoint slide show. I’m surprised it won’t open for you. I always thought the point of converting to the slide show format was so that people without PowerPoint installed could still view it.

Well, I downloaded the Libre version and tried again. Google then offered a conversion for slides so used that to see the images which were displayed like a large gallery.

Thread Information