Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Cold Weather In South 2/10/21

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    Please scroll back up to post #1. I am the original topic poster. So my request for the political aspects of this subject to be split off into separate threads is both logical and proper.

Doing so will help keep this thread on topic by separating the political reactions from weather and infrastructure aspects. There will inevitably be gray areas where those subjects overlap, and it's up to each individual poster to decide if what they want to say is on topic or off topic since many threads on SLF wander all over the place anyway.
    Dear GP, threads go off the original post more often than not as I have learned over the years. Most often, I have discovered more different viewpoints than I had ever imagined were possible. That is my delight in this website as well as, I confess, the frustration at times. Just go with the flow as none of us controls how the thread will evolve and take none of it personally.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

My apologies---I guess I had not scrolled back far enough to the beginning of the thread. Carry on....or not. Personally I always think it's interesting to observe how the thread winds and twists. Sometimes you'd never guess where it started by looking at the end. It's the nature of the forum.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

It got up to twenty degrees in my little Wisconsin city today, and there are kids walking around in shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Dear GP, threads go off the original post more often than not as I have learned over the years. go with the flow as none of us controls how the thread will evolve and take none of it personally.
    Exactly. No one has any real control over which direction a thread goes or how far off topic it gets. That's why my request was a request.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It got up to twenty degrees in my little Wisconsin city today, and there are kids walking around in shorts.
    Ha, our mailman has worn shorts all winter, ice storm or not!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

When I was in high school in Denver a friend’s younger brother decided to wear shorts all winter one year. That seemed like a bad idea but he survived.

It’s interesting. Ted Cruz left Texas for Cancun today. Governor abbot is making up shit about the evils of green energy causing all their problems. And Beto has mobilized volunteers to check up on seniors and such. Maybe trump will show up to toss some paper towels at people or something.

Sorry George, I know you wanted to keep this thread focused on weather, but getting people to follow that kind of instruction is like trying to herd cats.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I saw a kid walking yesterday - I assume, home from an in-school day - in shorts. It was COLD outside! I'm way past that as I want to be warm. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    When I was in high school in Denver a friend’s younger brother decided to wear shorts all winter one year. That seemed like a bad idea but he survived.
    DH wears shorts until Thanksgiving and goes back to them in early spring. He looks weird in pants, but now that we're in VT and he's getting older, he has succumbed to wearing them most of the winter. His friends always make fun of him, and once he got in trouble for wearing pink shorts at church, but he loves his shorts. I figure it's something in his DNA as a kilt-wearing Scotsman.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Just the opposite here...too many years in hot weather. My nickname is three pants woman - tights, thermals, sweats. We keep the thermostat at 63 during the day and 55 at night so layering keeps me comfortable.

Thread Information