Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Repeal of Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    One of the reasons for increases was the job market - a lot of healthy people dropped out of insurance pools due to the recession.
    Plus everyone's insurance has gone through the roof. Everyone's! Not just Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Plus everyone's insurance has gone through the roof. Everyone's! Not just Mass.
    And it went through the roof years ago. Eight years ago the company I worked for had a PPO through UHC. Family coverage cost the employees over $900+/mo. That was on top of what the company paid. And did not include deductibles and co-pays. Only the managers could really afford family coverage.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    From my point of view our problem is that we don't have HEALTHCARE here in the U.S., we have HEALTH INSURANCE.

Once our health care system started being controlled by the insurance industry, the quality went down and the costs went up. Insurance companies often won't cover pre-existing conditions or even refuse to cover procedures that are in their stated coverage--until sued. It's all about profits, not about health or care. The insurance industry, like our other industries, is all about making money and little about people.

Other countries manage to provide their citizens fair, affordable and equitable health care--but then, they're not under the control of the health care insurance industry. I've little hope things will change here under our present situation.
    Author of the green eco-thriller: Falling Through Time http://fallingthroughtime.com Editor of http://vibrantvillage.com

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    I've little hope things will change here under our present situation.
    Same here. As long as corporate America controls Congress there will little if anything that any citizen can do about it. Throw in the mindset of "austerity" and you've lowered the odds even further. At some point before I pass away, I hope that we will change our priorities so that the citizens of this nation are our first priority.

Peace

Funny thing freedom. The papers in the UK are filled with the story of a young woman who died in the US after receiving a buttock injection. The procedure is illegal in the UK and any doctor performing this procedure would be jailed and struck off the NHS list of practising doctors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12401032

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagman View Post
    “Thankfully, one judge in Florida can’t throw out the nation’s health care.

Now a split in the Circuits: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/appeals-cou...171829777.html
    Enjoy the strawberry.

The Supreme Court will make the final decision. It does not look good for the health care law with the current conservative Supreme Court. No one I say again no one is coming out with a better idea to make health care affordable. I am not a big fan of the health care law. We need a single payer plan. The profit and overhead of the care industry does nothing to provide health care.

Quote Originally Posted by freein05 View Post
    The profit and overhead of the care industry does nothing to provide health care.
    So would nationalizing all goods and services mean that we get all the same stuff but cheaper since we cut out that unwanted profit and overhead?
    Enjoy the strawberry.

I did not say that. Everyone at some point in time needs health care. Hospitals and doctors would still be making good money but maybe not as much as they are now. Insurance companies would be out of the picture and their billions of dollars in profit and overhead could be used for health care. Look at the recent break through in leukemia treatment it was basically financed by an individual. Big pharama would not finance it because they did not see a big profit in it.

There are far too many profit points in the way our current health care system is structured. Health care will drive the country into bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by freein05 View Post
    There are far too many profit points in the way our current health care system is structured. Health care will drive the country into bankruptcy.
    So what makes health care different from food or energy production, or for that matter, housing? They're all necessary components of our lives.

Are you in favor of nationalizing all industries that people depend upon, in order to take the profit out of it?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information