Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Container ship traffic jam off LA

Add me to the list of waiting for stuff... the contractor is waiting on the materials to redo the front porches. Says should have the stones for the patio, though, so I am hoping he will start that soon. Am hoping to have this all done before the first snow. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I called the place for tombstones and had a long conversation with her about delays. Their granite is from GA, but she said it would be at least 6 months before it would be shipped up to MD. She said there are shortages of glue and other things needed to engrave the stones. So, we are making an appointment to choose and order. She said the prices are going up,up,up.

I was surprised to learn that they are just now going to start running 24 hours?! I read one article that said they have a record number of ships parked out too far to anchor - I think they said the previous record was like 8 ships and at the time of the article there were 37. I understand we use a lot of "stuff", and of course my "stuff" is more important than your "stuff"...predicting toy shortages this holiday season. Most kids now a days could use a lot less toys, IMHO. So maybe it is a blessing in disguise. IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    I was surprised to learn that they are just now going to start running 24 hours?! I read one article that said they have a record number of ships parked out too far to anchor - I think they said the previous record was like 8 ships and at the time of the article there were 37. I understand we use a lot of "stuff", and of course my "stuff" is more important than your "stuff"...predicting toy shortages this holiday season. Most kids now a days could use a lot less toys, IMHO. So maybe it is a blessing in disguise. IDK.
    I remember kids playing as much almost, with the boxes. With all the Amazon/Fed ex/UPS, etc. deliveries, it seems to me there is no shortage of toys, then.

The ports have run 24/7 for working the vessels for a while. The 24/7 is opening the gates for container pickup/drop off.

Thread Information