Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm feel betrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Maybe those 43 senators believed that if there were a crime against the United States it required a trial in the justice system rather than in a political one. Although I think personally that they may not have wanted to grant the Democrats their longstanding goal of convicting their perceived enemy at any cost, for any reason. It's hard to know for sure.

I think your side has to take some responsibility for that. I don't think Qanon would even exist if the Democrats hadn't spent the past 5 years doing what they do best, cancelling, intimidating and fostering division. Things can get back to normal fairly quickly if you guys would just stop that.[/COLOR]
    Personally I can't think of many things high crime-ier than spending two months whipping up an angry mob of thugs to attack the heart of of one of the three branches of government in an attempt to overthrow the results of an election. Which is why he was impeached while still in office. That mitch mcconnell chose not to hold the trial until after he was out of office shouldn't change the fact that a trial was warranted and necessary.

As long as the Qanons are in charge the republicans will definitely be the professionals of cancel culture. You really can't get much more cancelish than trying to hang the vice president.

Democrats responsible for Q-Anon may be literally more absurd than the things Q-Anon believes, and that's saying a lot. I mean a lot of things may have led to the bad old reign of Donald Trump including even the recession of 08 and it's aftermath, but Democrats creating Q-Anon is not one of them (nor are blood sucking pedophiles).

What should Dems have worked with Trump on? They weren't really who had his ear afterall, who was backing him or pushing him. An infrastructure bill, improving a trade negotiation? I have yet to see any evidence that Trump actually cared about things like an infrastructure bill enough to actually *work* to push them, the man was so unbelievably lazy. And the truth is other than say something like that, most of the policy Trump wanted was also horrible, and I wouldn't want anyone cooperating with him to get it passed, and that all orthogonal to the fact he was a narcissist and possible sociopath personally.
    Trees don't grow on money

"Cancel culture" just makes me laugh. Righties have been attempting to cancel everything from library books to Colin Kaepernick, with varying degrees of success. The One Million Moms regularly prove that, trying unsuccessfully to ban everything from J.C Penney (for hiring Ellen de Generes) to Campbell soup (gay dads) and Burger King (for using the word "damn" in an ad. Cancel this, stifle that--I imagine they can raise money that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Personally I can't think of many things high crime-ier than spending two months whipping up an angry mob of thugs to attack the heart of of one of the three branches of government in an attempt to overthrow the results of an election. Which is why he was impeached while still in office. That mitch mcconnell chose not to hold the trial until after he was out of office shouldn't change the fact that a trial was warranted and necessary.

As long as the Qanons are in charge the republicans will definitely be the professionals of cancel culture. You really can't get much more cancelish than trying to hang the vice president.
    Only to suss out your definitions, do you consider Senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruse to be Qanons?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Only to suss out your definitions, do you consider Senators Rand Paul and Ted Cruse to be Qanons?
    I don't think any of them actually believe the Qanon idiocy, except perhaps Tuberville, but here are the ones actively courting the Q vote. Perhaps we can start calling it the GQP.

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurre...-college-count

I don't think any of them actually believe the Qanon idiocy, except perhaps Tuberville, but here are the ones actively courting the Q vote. Perhaps we can start calling it the GQP.

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurre...-college-count
    Were the Democrats (I think there were 7) who objected to the electoral college count in 2017 also courting a radical fringe vote? I'm not certain but I believe they objected to more state results that year than the Republicans did this year. Is that correct? And does that mean they were actively courting a larger geographic fringe base or are there different rules for speculating about Democrats?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Were the Democrats (I think there were 7) who objected to the electoral college count in 2017 also courting a radical fringe vote? I'm not certain but I believe they objected to more state results that year than the Republicans did this year. Is that correct? And does that mean they were actively courting a larger geographic fringe base or are there different rules for speculating about Democrats?
    Nope.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-qanon-n900531

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I'm sure that's an answer to something, just not to anything I've asked. Or is that my Alzheimer's induced confusion kicking in?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

No democratic senators objected to the electoral college results in 2017.

No democratic senators objected to the electoral college results in 2017.
    That's correct, they were House members. I believe at least one of them then became a House impeachment manager in the effort to remove Trump from office. Following your logic, were those House members courting a radical fringe vote?

Thread Information