Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm feel betrayed.

"We got rid of our would be dictator, Trump..."
    But as happens in many a horror film, he may come back to (political) life.

Our country paid a terrible price in lives lost due to that selfish, incompetent, soulless being.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our country paid a terrible price in lives lost due to that selfish, incompetent, soulless being.
    I'm confused, are you talking about Trump or NY Governor Cuomo?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm confused, are you talking about Trump or NY Governor Cuomo?
    If you are suffering from moderate symptoms of confusion that may be related to Alzheimer’s disease you should ask your doctor if aricept is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    If you are suffering from moderate symptoms of confusion that may be related to Alzheimer’s disease you should ask your doctor if aricept is right for you.
    Thanks for your concern, my mother is now in advanced stages of Alzheiemer's and the more she deteriorates the more I worry about suffering the same fate. It's such a terrible disease!
    If you start seeing me make rambling posts about nonsense subjects, forgetting other members names, expressing my frustration by calling other people or groups names or stopping my posts in mid-sentence, please let me know. I'm good for now but thanks again for your concern.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thanks for your concern, my mother is now in advanced stages of Alzheiemer's and the more she deteriorates the more I worry about suffering the same fate. It's such a terrible disease!
    If you start seeing me make rambling posts about nonsense subjects, forgetting other members names, expressing my frustration by calling other people or groups names or stopping my posts in mid-sentence, please let me know. I'm good for now but thanks again for your concern.
    I have a bil aging with the same concerns. I can't even imagine.

Prayers and hopes that there is progress in fighting and stopping this disease... soon!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    It's easier to wave a bloody shirt that has actual blood on it -- the blood of a police officer and several civilians dumb enough to swallow Trump's line of bull.

But hey, you can't make an omelet, ya know? We got our tax cuts and justices! (True, we didn't manage to take away health care from millions, but you can't win 'em all.)
    Oh I have no doubt there’s some blood on the shirt. I’m just questioning the effectiveness of the strategy of tarring the GOP with the whole “orange man bad” thing. If I thought there was a better vehicle for right of center politics in this country, I might consider jumping the GOP ship. My guess, however, is that Trump will cease to be a factor faster than you can say “Hillary Rodham Clinton”.

If trump was going away quickly, as would be reasonable since he’s a one term twice impeached, twice popular vote losing president who also managed to lose both the house and the senate during his presidency, then why did 43 senators vote not to convict him and the other 7 are getting raged at for having the nerve to be ethical.

The problem for the republicans is that they can either be the trump/Qanon party or they can be the college educated suburban white folks party. They can’t be both. It’s still early in this but right now it looks like the trump/Qanon side is winning.

If trump was going away quickly, as would be reasonable since he’s a one term twice impeached, twice popular vote losing president who also managed to lose both the house and the senate during his presidency, then why did 43 senators vote not to convict him and the other 7 are getting raged at for having the nerve to be ethical.
    Maybe those 43 senators believed that if there were a crime against the United States it required a trial in the justice system rather than in a political one. Although I think personally that they may not have wanted to grant the Democrats their longstanding goal of convicting their perceived enemy at any cost, for any reason. It's hard to know for sure.

The problem for the republicans is that they can either be the trump/Qanon party or they can be the college educated suburban white folks party. They can’t be both. It’s still early in this but right now it looks like the trump/Qanon side is winning.

I think your side has to take some responsibility for that. I don't think Qanon would even exist if the Democrats hadn't spent the past 5 years doing what they do best, cancelling, intimidating and fostering division. Things can get back to normal fairly quickly if you guys would just stop that.

It may be the Alzheimer’s talking, but I suspect it’s more complicated than that. I think there may be an opportunity in the cities, for instance, where progressives display BLM signs in NIMBY-segregated neighborhoods and talk about defunding the police as violent crime rises. Or in the suburbs where people can observe the party of science demanding evidence-based decisions unless the teachers’ unions veto them. Or the zeal to shut down existing energy industries before the new ones can take up the slack. I’m not ready to concede the dawn of a new political age quite yet.

Thread Information