Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm Feel Ungrammatical

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I actually don't consider responding less viciously to people who have savaged me trolling.
    Again, if it made you feel better to respond as you did, I'm glad I could help; I hope it put a little bit of happy into your life.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My dad’s entire unit was wiped out in Normandy storming the beaches if I am remembering the location correctly but luckily he was in the hospital. My uncle was stringing wire to communicate behind enemy lines. Some real luck involved.
    My father was approaching a fence when he tripped at the same instant a Japanese soldier shot him. The bullet went up his back underneath his pack. He had an impressive scar to go along with the jungle rot one on his leg. And then he fell off a cliff, , causing his men to yell "Someone get the captain!" He played a number of sports well; not sure why war rendered him clumsy...

Sounds like it saved his life Jane. My dad was born with flat feet and the military doctor said fit for service but not the infantry. Of course you know where they put him. He was in and out of the hospital until they made him a driver for a high ranking and unpleasant officer in England. My dad had a fun personality and was one of the few people that could get along with him. After the war he wanted my dad to rejoin to stay as his driver and my mom wanted that too. He just wanted to go home. Had he done that he wouldn’t have been disabled in his 50’s from his job. His life would have been very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Sounds like it saved his life Jane. My dad was born with flat feet and the military doctor said fit for service but not the infantry. Of course you know where they put him. He was in and out of the hospital until they made him a driver for a high ranking and unpleasant officer in England. My dad had a fun personality and was one of the few people that could get along with him. After the war he wanted my dad to rejoin to stay as his driver and my mom wanted that too. He just wanted to go home. Had he done that he wouldn’t have been disabled in his 50’s from his job. His life would have been very different.
    The turns one's life takes are often fascinating.

My uncle was rejected from the Navy due to his asthma. The following week the Army Air Force took him. He provided air coverage for D-Day. His plane was shot down in August 1944 France and he has a grave in Normandy, although his body was never recovered.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’ve noticed that typo off and on, but most the time I don’t notice it. It would spoil it at this point for me to use my administrative mojo and go in and change the subject line to correct it.
    My bad. That was my screw up. Right as the virus started to advance in Seattle a year ago February I was calling it Conavirus. My bad. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    My bad. That was my screw up. Right as the virus started to advance in Seattle a year ago February I was calling it Conavirus. My bad. Rob
    Even I accidentally created a thread title with a grammar error in it because my fingers typed you're instead of your.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It doesnt matter, we all know what the thread is about.

Thread Information