Thread: Great Title! (but I won't read the book)

Great Title! (but I won't read the book)

Does anybody else collect wonderful book titles, especially the titles of books you have no interest in reading?

Three of my favorites are:

• "We'll Always Have Parrots" https://www.fantasticfiction.com/a/d...ve-parrots.htm (If you don't recognize the joke, you must be a lot younger than I am.)
    • "The Cat Ate My Gymsuit" by Paula Danziger. IMHO this is one of the greatest titles of all time because it perfectly and humorously captures the teen/preteen angst of the book's heroine. Danzinger also wrote the Amber Brown books, which I recommended in another thread.
    • "Get your sh*t together : how to stop worrying about what you should do so you can finish what you need to do and start doing what you want to do" I haven't read this one, but I love the title because it leaves nothing to the imagination and sums up the whole book in one line.

"A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush". I had it on my wish list when a friend said it was a long slog with dry British wit. I've probably watched too many British features on PBS and the review was good enough for me to not read.

I've tried to read "Heart of Darkness" at least twice. It's permanently shelved.

How about Steal This Book by Abby Hoffman?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Teach Your Wife To Be A Widow by Donald I. Rogers. I won't read this one because, well, I'm not stupid.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Teach Your Wife To Be A Widow by Donald I. Rogers. I won't read this one because, well, I'm not stupid.
    My chuckle for the day, thanks.

I read last a review of a book, China, which receive such a positive rating that I considered ordering it but realized that while I am interested in a well-informed author writing about the extensive history of China putting so much info in context of today's world, I had too many other books that I have on the shelf already.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information