Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Good advice is only good if you're willing to use it

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That is hilarious. We could make an amusing parody called “Your Money or Your Lie” that would have chapters such as:

Drive your Hummer every day to get a latte at Starbucks, you can afford it!

Put that Caribbean cruise on your credit card! You won’t have to pay it off for years!

Go ahead, order the steak AND the lobster.Treat yourself, you deserve it!

If you dont spend money you wont make money, and the corollary: if you dont look rich you will never BE rich!

Buy as much house as you can possibly get a mortgage for because that is a good financial investment in the long run!

etc.
    Clever!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That is hilarious. We could make an amusing parody called “Your Money or Your Lie” that would have chapters such as:

Drive your Hummer every day to get a latte at Starbucks, you can afford it!

Put that Caribbean cruise on your credit card! You won’t have to pay it off for years!

Go ahead, order the steak AND the lobster.Treat yourself, you deserve it!

If you dont spend money you wont make money, and the corollary: if you dont look rich you will never BE rich!

Buy as much house as you can possibly get a mortgage for because that is a good financial investment in the long run!

etc.
    ROFLMAO!!! Good one, IL!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    No comparison at all. George Parker worked hard in a warehouse and paid taxes and is probably fit. Ultralight had a desk job and scarfed down tons of pancakes as well as tons of taxpayer dollars in student loan forgiveness programs. Yet despite his numerous degrees Ultralight did not post with the level of rational thought found in George Parker's posts.
    I think UL was rational, not sure why you think he was not. I get that you don’t like him though. Yeah I think we got that through and through.

"Buy as much house as you can possibly get a mortgage for because that is a good financial investment in the long run!"

I'm still kicking myself for passing up a couple of properties that would have been a stretch, as they're well over a million now.
    At least Chez Decay has appreciated; if it had lost money I would beside myself.

I don't get UL's misogynistic, poseur, incel vibes from GP, either. Nor sarcasm or meanness. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "Buy as much house as you can possibly get a mortgage for because that is a good financial investment in the long run!"

I'm still kicking myself for passing up a couple of properties that would have been a stretch, as they're well over a million now.

At least Chez Decay has appreciated; if it had lost money I would beside myself.
    Surely you made comparable money in the financial markets?

But who knows. Real estate roulette especially the kind of nuttiness it goes on on either coast is not some thing I want to participate in.

I don't get UL's misogynistic, poseur, incel vibes from GP, either. Nor sarcasm or meanness. To each his own.
    I never thought UL was mean, I just thought he was extremely direct and he liked to be a provocateur much like George Parker.

UL was pretty unsuccessful as an incel because he sure as hell spent a lot of time out there meeting women. The fact that his range for attraction was narrow hampered him quite a bit.

I never thought UL was mean, I just thought he was extremely direct and he liked to be a provocateur much like George Parker.

UL was pretty unsuccessful as an incel because he sure as hell spent a lot of time out there meeting women. The fact that his range for attraction was narrow hampered him quite a bit.
    Yeah, but he rarely seemed to like them; it was all about getting laid.

Surely you made comparable money in the financial markets?

But who knows. Real estate roulette especially the kind of nuttiness it goes on on either coast is not some thing I want to participate in.
    Remember, I have no money in the financial markets. I may have, one day. No one I know has ever lost money in real estate in this region.

Remember, I have no money in the financial markets. I may have, one day. No one I know has ever lost money in real estate in this region.
    I didn’t know or didn’t remember that you have no financial investments.

Well then. Jane, I’m just gonna give it to you straight —you and I could never be domestic partners. I loath and despise real estate as any kind of investment. I hate real estate for that reason. It scares the beejesus out of me.

When we got married I made DH get rid of his three rental properties. He cashed them out and we had nice safe lovely cash. Cash is a beautiful thing.

Now in reality that’s a bit strong because we moved out of state and away from his rental properties, so they would not have been practical to keep anyway. We don’t hire real estate management companies, that’s just not what we Iowans do.

Thread Information