Thread: Academic “ research”

Academic “ research”

I don’t know how many of you listen to Joe Rogan, but I find him entertaining and refreshingly realistic and articulate as Everyman.

This podcast, also broadcast on YouTube, shows Joe’s interview with college professors who scammed the gender studies world with bogus “research papers” they submitted to academic journals. My favorite of papers was one that studied the problem of transphobic straight men. It suggested that straight men who don’t wish to have sex with trans women with penises are transphobic and can be cured of that with desensitization exercises of practicing anal sex. Sticking things in their bum essentially will cure them.

This parody of a paper was published in the journal Sexuality and Culture.

Other papers published as scientific research centered on dog humping in dog parks and papers about favored social groups with verbiage directly lifted from Adolf Hitler‘s Mein Kampf.

This is hilariously presented here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqU_JMTzd4

or read about it here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grie...studies_affair

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...portland-state

We love to make fun of the academic world but sometimes they deserve it.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-25-21 at 11:44pm.

I confess to knowing nothing about the time a Markov-chain-generated literary criticism theory article was accepted and published...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I confess to knowing nothing about the time a Markov-chain-generated literary criticism theory article was accepted and published...
    Haha,I’m sure these college professors werent the only ones to do it. They were a little different from the occasional prank though because they were a little prank factory of their own, a team of three assaulting the grievance studies world from many sides.

That’s what they call it, “grievance studies. “I can think of fewer perfect descriptions for the world we’re living in right now.

My son was telling me about this a week ago.

I would think this sort of thing would be easier to pull off in fields of study with high pre-existing levels of nonsensicality. That may also be why you see so much viciousness in the way people in these fields try to punish and destroy dissent from prevailing orthodoxies. Unless they can inspire a certain degree of fear, they run the risk of being laughed at.

Of greater concern to me are the academics actively campaigning to reduce the sum total of human knowledge. The ones who want to eliminate or corrupt studies like logic, mathematics or the classics as tools of “white supremacy”. Hands off Epictetus you barbarians!

Thread Information