Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Search of the Lost Homage

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    Facepalm is always a self-directed gesture and means covering one's face with the hand as an expression of embarrassment, dismay, or exasperation.
    I think that totally deserves a frustration facepalm with the caption "Sometimes you just can't win." YMMV, and you are the top moderator, so what do you think? Do I deserve a facepalm or not?
    I don't think a facepalm is always self directed, I think it's also commonly used to express disbelief at someone else. If yours was directed at yourself, who am I to decide otherwise? If it was directed elsewhere as a sort of "I can't believe anyone in their right mind would disagree with me", my befuddled state remains.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

GP, there aren't that many musical aficionados here on this forum. I get the facepalm. I LOVE musicals, and I particularly LOVE inspirational musicals. Camelot, Man of La Mancha, Les Miserables, oh, please, carry me away!!

However, I don't have the answer to your question about the homage. I did watch the video, though, and really enjoyed it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I love musicals more in line with Catherine. I have heard of the song.

I enjoy the oldies - Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Guys and Dolls, Paint Your Wagon (although Clint Eastwood singing????? LOL), etc. Also add in there all the older Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, James Cagney, etc. So many good musicals through the years.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m laughing here because I wasn’t harmed by viewing a little bit of Let It Go. I mean, my Disney allergy isn’t anything that causes me pain. I don’t need trigger warnings for Disney. oh dear God we have not reached that level of stupidity here on the SL forums!
    I certainly hope not!

And BTW I haven't been taking any of this the least bit seriously. I was just joshing with you.

Thread Information