Thread: Old Farmers' Almanac 2021

Old Farmers' Almanac 2021

I can see about half of my garden box through the snow! So, of course, I'm thinking about what to plant, when, etc. Having only ventured into any type of serious gardening last year, I was wondering how many of you more proficient gardeners use the Old Farmers' Almanac? I remember it from my youth and always enjoyed reading the tidbits throughout, but never used it as an actual resource. It has been several decades since I've looked at a copy. Is it still relevant? Worth purchasing?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It is fun to read and I did use the planting guides, but not with much diligence or success. You can check a lot of it out on line, so you might go there first to decide about purchasing it. I can see daffodil shoots!!!

It is just fun to look at. Not sure that it was ever accurate but always made a fun discussion topic, before, during and after the forecast. Next year, all has been forgotten and forgiven as necessary.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

razz and nswef - thanks for the responses. I agree and do remember it was fun to read. I'll check online as suggested. Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information