Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Well-Designed 258 sq ft Apartment (No Ladders or Foldaway Stuff)

Most of the secure buildings have laundry rooms versus in the units. In my previous condo I bought a apartment dryer that vents into a bucket of water. Then I would wash in the common room and dry at my leisure. With just myself I don’t think I will bother.

Nope. I'm no longer of young stock to crawl up from the foot of the bed. I don't want to have to sit in the bed for hubster and I to have some space away from each other. No space for quilting detritus. Not even enough space to set up a sewing station.

Even if I lived alone, too small.

I snuck into (it's open to the public) the apt for rent in this building and bf said it's smaller than mine, especially the bedroom. So maybe mine's a bit bigger. Ok it's serviceable, this is serviceable (ok I like mine a lot and would be a bit sad if I decided to move for whatever good reason), building was built in the 60s, so no apartments back then were not actually the size of closets

I see no need for my own washer/dryer except when cursed people leave in a dryer sheet contaminating all my clothes with those awful chemicals. I debate buying one of those wooden things to hang clothes inside in summer sometimes.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I've been thinking more about this. I know people who do spend large portions of their weekends away from home weekends even during the winter, but they tend to live in the country and have lots of room for gear - sheds for snowmobiles, trailers to haul ice fishing huts, space indoors for cross country skis, etc.

I don’t dry most of my clothes except for sheets, towels, pj’s and undies. I also use washable potty pads for the dogs and will probably stop. I hate the thought of using disposable ones but will have to.

Thread Information