Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chicken lady “fixes”? Her own life

Lol! - I have never once promised to do something with someone when this is over. But then, precovid I would often say simply “I’m sorry, I can’t.” My favorite was when my friend had a pasta making party. She was telling me about it before it happened, and (knowing I wanted to learn to make pasta) she said “ I didn’t invite you so you didn’t have to say no but of course you could come.” and I said “I’d like to, but...” and she said “people.” And I said “yeah.”

well, to cheer up my Dd I told her we would have a big family party for grandson’s first birthday, and I am still in for that if we can, but that is different.

and I promised my kids we would get together for Christmas. But I love that. They don’t expect me to be anyone other than who I am and I love seeing them together.

but really, it isn’t a digression, because covid is part of what is making this work for me, and I am definitely dreading “normal” one of my biggest challenges will be figuring out how to avoid “normal”. Because “normal” sucked. I was stressed and exhausted and frustrated and unhappy.

Appreciate the update, Chicken lady. Maybe one of the silver linings of this pandemic has been the ability to step back a little and view our old normal with a different perspective -- and have the time to make it work. I wish you continued discovery and growth!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information