Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: March Frugals

Yppej
    I am almost out of zinc. I have been taking it and vitamin D to protect myself from covid but with the pandemic winding down I will not buy more. In the warm weather months I get lots of vitamin D naturally from working in the yard and going on walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I am almost out of zinc. I have been taking it and vitamin D to protect myself from covid but with the pandemic winding down I will not buy more. In the warm weather months I get lots of vitamin D naturally from working in the yard and going on walks.
    Have you had vitamin D tested in your blood?

I used to think that I got plenty of D vitimin in the summertime but Testing showed my vitamin D levels were not at the level that they’re supposed to be. That seemed to be true for everyone in my circle I talk to. I would not assume your D levels are good without a test.

Yppej
    I have not tested.

Only spent $26 on groceries for this week. Mostly fresh stuff. I still have a decent stash of canned soup, pasta, tuna, stuff in the freezer, and toiletries/toilet paper to use up. I have plenty of books to read so frugal entertainment.

No grocery store visit this week. We're finishing up the freshies in the fridge and supplementing from the freezer.

I have a pot of WW veg soup in the fridge for a quick snack or meal if I can convince hub it is enough. The only thing I wish I had is peanut butter. I emptied the jar on Friday and still have celery sticks. It's a favorite snack or meal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    No grocery store visit this week. We're finishing up the freshies in the fridge and supplementing from the freezer.

I have a pot of WW veg soup in the fridge for a quick snack or meal if I can convince hub it is enough. The only thing I wish I had is peanut butter. I emptied the jar on Friday and still have celery sticks. It's a favorite snack or meal for me.
    Take that back. Hub went for Italian sausage last night for tonight's dinner. He did not want ratatouille over spaghtetti squash without some meat in it!

Yppej
    A gas water heater in my area usually runs $1400 parts and labor. I got one for $800. I bought directly from a supply house and I hired a plumber with low rates. I did things like help him carry the unit into the basement since he does not have a helper and let him leave the old unit in the basement rather than disposing of it. I will take clutter when it saves me $600.

Well done, Yppej!! That is a great price.

Yppej
    It will push me over budget for the month, but I am not so frugal I want to live without hot water. To meet budget I would need to only spend $3.60 the rest of the month and I spend much more than that in gas every week getting to and from work. So instead I am aiming to keep my March spending at or below my historical average monthly spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Well done, Yppej!! That is a great price.
    Yes, agreed, that works. You can move that water heater out the next time you have two strong men around.

Thread Information