Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: March Purge

Wow, TT! Congrats!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

TT, great to hear you go so much done!

My stepson came over and will haul the trailer away Sunday to his house until he has time to go to the dump. We wonít need it anymore. Itís a huge trailer and we filled it twice. It really would have been nice if I could have gotten him to do this when we were living here. But instead he was saving stuff that was garbage like the old countertop taken out of the house. I couldnít believe it when I realized that he was putting things down in the partial dirt basement. I never went down there. It really is a sickness to do that versus throwing it away. This has shown me that I am not in bad shape for a old lady).

Teacher Terry, that is awesome that you are getting those areas emptied. I agree that it is a sickness. My mother in law is definitely a hoarder, maybe not the most extreme type of hoarder, but definitely a hoarder none the less. I like watching the Hoarding shows on TV but my hubby can't stand watching them because he had to grow up with it and still battles it with his parents. Everyone actually blames his mom but I think his dad has some hoarding tendencies too. They just hoard different things.

I've been decluttering in bits and pieces here and there. I most recently tossed a pair of ratty slippers, hiking boots, 3 socks. Added to my donate pile a heavy metal letter/file holder that used to be on my dining room wall that I don't use anymore. I'm trying to organize all of my empty boxes so I broke some down flat to save and put a couple into recycle.

Rn mom, it sounds like you are making progress also! I actually cannot stand to watch the hoarding shows because they are so dirty it’s disgusting. I used to love watching Clean House because while those people had way too much stuff the homes weren’t usually filthy.

Thread Information