Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer slippers?

Summer slippers?

In our old place in the city we got a lot of sunlight so that in the dead of winter it was plenty warm and I could spend my workdays barefoot. In our suburban townhouse we get less sun so we use the furnace a lot more (set at 64 during the day) and I would have cold feet if I didn’t wear socks and slippers.

Because of this I’ve adopted a pair of fur lined leather slippers that belong to SO. The problem is that they are too warm. My feet sweat in them. In the morning when I put them on without socks they are still wet from the day before. Does anyone have a recommendation for slippers that wouldn’t be as warm but still allow me to occasionally make trips out side to the garage or whatever?

How about a pair of Crocs? I love mine around the house and to the mailbox. I’ve worn them all winter with medium weight merino wool socks. Plenty warm in a Chicago area winter. And I’ll wear them in the summer.

I might not go with crocks but you might have the right idea about just getting a pair of sandals to wear over socks. I wouldn’t sport that look out in public, but to walk over to the mailboxes or whatever, maybe even to the 7-11 five minutes away, sure, but not anywhere else.

DH wears slippers (sans fur) with a hard sole year round. I prefer Lands End brand slip ons as house shoes.

My son bought me the similar, but more boot-styled version of these, but for warmer regions, these might do for you:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WF7W3ZP...mcd_asin_0_img

Here is the same thing, different brand (KUBUA)--they seem to have more colors and styles and I think they're cotton which would be cooler
    https://www.amazon.com/KUBUA-Slipper...ef_=ast_sto_dp

I LOVE mine. Even though they're slippers, I wear them to the post office and our little local grocery store.

Alternatively, I think the idea of slides with socks is a good alternative.
    https://www.amazon.com/adidas-Adilet...s%2C171&sr=8-6
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I have two pairs of indoor slippers with white rubber soles and gray felt tops. I wear them over loose-fit wool socks. I rotate 3 pairs of socks, rinsing one pair of socks with warm water every night (and hanging them to air-dry for a couple days). The slippers park in the bedroom. I rotate the two pairs of slippers, so I am putting on slippers each morning that have air-dried for a day.

If I go outdoors I slip on waterproof mocs or lace-up shoes/boots, depending on the weather. I leave my slippers-of-the-day by my coat closet at the entrance I am using.

Most slippers have indoor/outdoor soles these days, I've found. I like washable ones.

I bought a pair of these slip-on boat shoes at Walmart several years ago. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glo...-Shoe/50921901
    They have rubber soles like tennis shoes (not heavy soles like Chucks or basketball shoes) and they are slip-on. They're comfortable, fit well, and have been reasonably durable. I keep them next to the door for quick trips outside or short walks. I also wore them for a recent treadmill stress test because my motorcycle boots are heavy. At $8 it's hard to go wrong on something like this.
    Screenshot from 2021-03-06 10-01-16.jpg

I can't say enough about these slippers. I wear them as slippers, I wear them as loafers. I have them in three colors. I'm suicidal that it looks like they aren't making them anymore. The most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. You can wear them with the heel up or it folds down to slide your foot in. They have a bit of lambs wool in the upper like an Ugg. Earth Shoes Guru.

earth-guru-shoes-wool-slip-ons-for-women-in-light-grey_p_27ggt_01_440_40.947.jpg

I have DAWGS sliders. I wear them with socks. They're light, have arch support and have lasted for over a year with every day wear. I don't wear them outside but I think you can. I keep crocs by the door for outside quick trips. For a long time I used ballet slippers but after a bout of plantar fasciitis and the broken hip I need more support. The Dawgs work for me and aren't very expensive. Especially for as much as I wear them.

Thread Information