Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2021?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What movies are you watching in 2021?

What movies are you watching in 2021?

Since everything is being delivered via streaming services for me, it’s hard for me to separate made for television versus made for film houses. So whether it’s film or TV production doesn’t really matter just put a one time production here.

“I Care a Lot” Is a fun black comedy on Netflix. The casting is superb. It’s about a con artist attorney who works a long-term con in grabbing the resources of elderly folks who have been declared incompetent. Don’t look too critically at the writing because there are many weak plot points. But it’s OK because it’s just fun.

Rosamund Pike is gorgeous and carries the production beautifully. Her girlfriend is very cute. And then there’s Peter Dinklage who was SO juicy in this role and not once did they have to refer to him as a short man. And then the ultimate was for me when Chris Messina showed up as a smarmy lawyer. Chris Messina is my current Hollywood Sexbomb. I love short Italian/Jewish men.

So, this production was full of pretty people. Diane Weist was lovely in her role.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

“I Care a Lot” Is a fun black comedy on Netflix. The casting is superb. It’s about a con artist attorney who works a long-term con in grabbing the resources of elderly folks who have been declared incompetent. Don’t look too critically at the writing because there are many weak plot points. But it’s OK because it’s just fun.

Rosamund Pike is gorgeous and carries the production beautifully. Her girlfriend is very cute. And then there’s Peter Dinklage who was SO juicy in this role and not once did they have to refer to him as a short man. And then the ultimate was for me when Chris Messina showed up as a smarmy lawyer. Chris Messina is my current Hollywood Sexbomb. I love short Italian/Jewish men.

So, this production was full of pretty people. Diane Weist was lovely in her role.
    OMG, I was just going to post about this movie. I loved it! Campy, with some social critiques thrown in. They all did a great job, and the casting of Peter Dinklage was inspired. I loved the whole cast: Pike, Weist, Messina...

Yeah, I enjoyed it, too.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    OMG, I was just going to post about this movie. I loved it! Campy, with some social critiques thrown in. They all did a great job, and the casting of Peter Dinklage was inspired. I loved the whole cast: Pike, Weist, Messina...

Yeah, I enjoyed it, too.
    Thank you! I’m so glad you have the same impression of this film as I did.

I started reading about it on Reddit and those commenters are going down rabbit holes of what’s wrong with plotting. Oh this could never of happened! Oh that could never happen!

Jesus people just chill and enjoy a fun movie romp.

Peter Dinklage was perfect, he was sinister and fascinating. Whenever he’s on screen I practically stop breathing.

I just finished The Vow and am in the middle of Allen v. Farrow as it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I just finished The Vow and am in the middle of Allen v. Farrow as it unfolds.
    I just screened Alien vs Predator, which shows what a lowbrow I am.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I just screened Alien vs Predator, which shows what a lowbrow I am.
    Never would have imagined we watched some of the same genre of movies.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I care a lot was taken from a true story that was happening repeatedly in Clark county in Nevada. Google what April Parks did to people. It’s horrifying. It caused Nevada to change their law in 2017 regarding guardians. It still occurs all over the country despite seniors having kids willing to help but they get isolated from them too by force. Once they get people in some type of group living they keep them heavily medicated so they can control them and they appear in need of assistance in court. Definitely won’t be seeing the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I care a lot was taken from a true story that was happening repeatedly in Clark county in Nevada. Google what April Parks did to people. It’s horrifying. It caused Nevada to change their law in 2017 regarding guardians. It still occurs all over the country despite seniors having kids willing to help but they get isolated from them too by force. Once they get people in some type of group living they keep them heavily medicated so they can control them and they appear in need of assistance in court. Definitely won’t be seeing the movie.
    In response to your post I did look up Ms Parks and read a bit about her.

that’s a pretty awful thing she was doing. Government help is often not help at all.

I liked aspects of I Care A Lot. Not too much the gay love that is increasingly prevalent these days. I guess it was to let us know they were partners in all respects. Interestingly, there was a case here like that. Not on that scale, but the guardian (a early 40s woman) was linked up with an estate attorney and he would hand off clients to her. She had milked a lot of assets before being arrested. Also liked Nomadland since I read the book.

Anyone see Paterson? We just saw it last night and I loved it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information