Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Anyone see Paterson? We just saw it last night and I loved it.
    we saw it a few years ago. It was very nice.

Seaspiracy, a new Netflix documentary on the plunder of ocean fishes. Not quite up to the standards of a well researched documentary presenting unbiased views of all the issues, but worth a watch.

Yppej
    Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Seaspiracy, a new Netflix documentary on the plunder of ocean fishes. Not quite up to the standards of a well researched documentary presenting unbiased views of all the issues, but worth a watch.
    I was about to watch Seaspiracy, but Athlete A caught my eye and I watched that instead. I am very very involved in the horse show world and there is alot of sexual abuse forth coming about alot of the big name horse trainers right now most of them are either dead or very elderly . And alot of them are/were also Olympic level trainers too.

Nomadland was lovely! Even though I watched it on a tiny screen (my IPad mini) I still got a sense of the big Western outdoor area loved by the main character.

I watched My Week with Marilyn on Netflix last night. Michelle Williams as Marilyn. I think she did a good job of portraying the neurotic, fragile actress.

I enjoyed The Biggest Little Farm. It is about a couple in California buying a 200 acre abandoned farm and orchard and turning it into an organic truck farm for fruit, livestock, and other crops. The film follows 8 years of development and the trials of pests and other invasives. If I have an idea of what permaculture is, this would be it. As a visual it's worth it just for the greenery and happy animals, but it's also and interesting story of how adversities were dealt with and how their methods could be sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I enjoyed The Biggest Little Farm. It is about a couple in California buying a 200 acre abandoned farm and orchard and turning it into an organic truck farm for fruit, livestock, and other crops. The film follows 8 years of development and the trials of pests and other invasives. If I have an idea of what permaculture is, this would be it. As a visual it's worth it just for the greenery and happy animals, but it's also and interesting story of how adversities were dealt with and how their methods could be sustainable.
    I really want to see that one, Rogar. Our governor highly recommended it as an aside during one of his press conferences at the height of the pandemic.

DH and I saw Cruella over the weekend. I bought tickets on the Regal app for In The Heights, but realized when we got to the theatre, it was for a theatre in the next town over. They let us go see a different show, so we saw Cruella. It was fun - the costumes were amazing. I can watch Emma Thompson in anything. Emma Stone did a fine job in the lead.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Maybe on the 2020 movie thread, Jane mentioned My Octopus Teacher. I finally got around to seeing it last night and I loved it. What an amazing piece of cinematography!! I don't know how many hours they spent in the water capturing the shots they needed but that year-long story was just amazing and beautiful on many levels.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information