Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2021?

My DW is heading across the country to visit our grandson (oh and his mom & dad! ) Decided to have a movie week - now this is very unusual for me as I am NOT a movie
    person. I do like inspirational, feel good movies, so I thought I would line up a few for the week. I got the idea, having just watched Dead Poet Society. A must is McFarland USA (running movie), maybe Mr. Holland's Opus? and I have a list of a few others - any suggestions?

Greg: Here are a few I enjoyed:
    The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (Netflix)
    The African Doctor (Netflix)
    The Biggest Little Farm (I watched on DVD)

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Greg: Here are a few I enjoyed:
    The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (Netflix)
    The African Doctor (Netflix)
    The Biggest Little Farm (I watched on DVD)
    The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind - yes I enjoyed that one too. The others I have not seen, I will look into them. Thanks!

My first thought was The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - first and second.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I just watch the trailer to this - that also looks really good!

Check Hoopla or Kanopy free through your library. They have very nice movies to stream for free... no waiting. Also have all other types of media. People rate the movies and I have found them to be pretty close to accurate. YLMV

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Oh yes, great recommendations!

Just watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" - thank you for the recommendation!
    Also, sheesh two movies in one day! -- "The Social Dilemma" documentary on Netflix - I have seen it before, and find it even more disturbing the second time around. The fact that news and google searches vary and are catered to their pre-determined prejudices of you. If you are an anti-vaxxer that is what they feed you. If you are pro-abortion, anti-abortion, etc. that is the news they feed you. It is all click bait to sell you to the highest advertising bidder. I believe it has caused a huge social divide in this country and these large social media companies should be held accountable for it. Interesting that these "former" social media people interviewed, are very restrictive to how their kids use the internet/social media. It is a must watch.

A few oldies….

I am Sam …. Netflix

Cocoon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Just watched "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" - thank you for the recommendation!
    Also, sheesh two movies in one day! -- "The Social Dilemma" documentary on Netflix - I have seen it before, and find it even more disturbing the second time around. The fact that news and google searches vary and are catered to their pre-determined prejudices of you. If you are an anti-vaxxer that is what they feed you. If you are pro-abortion, anti-abortion, etc. that is the news they feed you. It is all click bait to sell you to the highest advertising bidder. I believe it has caused a huge social divide in this country and these large social media companies should be held accountable for it. Interesting that these "former" social media people interviewed, are very restrictive to how their kids use the internet/social media. It is a must watch.
    "The Social Dilemma" is about as far from an inspirational, feel-good movie as you can get!

Thread Information