Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2021?

I agree--I was so disappointed, as the trailer was fantastic. But the movie was full of wrong notes, I thought. Overdramatic acting, unbelievable characterizations, especially Charles and queen.

I’ve been on the fence about seeing Spencer even though I’m a big K Stew fan. I will probably skip this then.

Watcher Four Good Days with Glenn Close. Excellent acting but very hard to watch. Might checkout Nightmare Alley this weekend.

Tinder Swindler on Netflix, followed up by a 3 part podcast that gives more detail about the psychopath Simon.

it’s about a young man who swindles young women out of millions of dollars. He’s got such an elaborate con going with several women at a time! We hear about the online romance cons and that sort of thing, but this guy meets his marks in person and whisks them off in “his “private jet to high end hotels and fancy vacations, All the while interacting with his own entourage. He’s very convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’ve been on the fence about seeing Spencer even though I’m a big K Stew fan. I will probably skip this then.
    Well, if I were you, knowing a little bit about what you like, I think you should give it a spin. It's free--you can always turn it off. Melodramatic histrionics aside, Kristen Stewart is great, and as I said, the set decoration and costumes were total eye-candy.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Turned on the tv last night and Bohemian Rhapsody had just started. I didn't see the Noddy Holder hat story in it, which I had hoped to.
    An OK movie. (but then again, a Kind of Magic is pretty much the only Queen album I was a fan of)

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, if I were you, knowing a little bit about what you like, I think you should give it a spin. It's free--you can always turn it off. Melodramatic histrionics aside, Kristen Stewart is great, and as I said, the set decoration and costumes were total eye-candy.
    I did end up watching Spencer.

It was arty. And that is a good approach for any material about Diana, Princess of Wales, because the rest of it has been done to death.

On a 5 I’d give it a solid 3, But already I’ve forgotten it. There is nothing of substance there.

I see Power of the Dog is getting lots of love from the Oscar awards crowd. I thought that film was thought-provoking as well as visually stunning.

We are watching Little White Lie which is really interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxHLpgYwcVY

We just watched Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch. I love his films for the visuals alone.

Survivor based on the true story of a regular man turned boxer who survived Auschwitz.

Thread Information