Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2021?

Sleepless In Seattle. I might guess most everyone but me has seen it. A little fairy tale like, but they should make more movies like that. Great soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Maybe on the 2020 movie thread, Jane mentioned My Octopus Teacher. I finally got around to seeing it last night and I loved it. What an amazing piece of cinematography!! I don't know how many hours they spent in the water capturing the shots they needed but that year-long story was just amazing and beautiful on many levels.
    Yes, it was my favorite film of last year. Granted, I didn’t watch many since I am mostly watching episodic releases.

Watched Spotlight on Netflix last night. Well done movie about uncovering the Catholic priest abuse of children.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Watched Spotlight on Netflix last night. Well done movie about uncovering the Catholic priest abuse of children.
    That was a good film, agreed.

Not a movie, but a documentary. Summer of Soul on Netflix. Questlove produced it - it's about a summer music festival that was held over several weeks in Harlem in 1969. The tapes were boxed up in a basement for 50 years! I loved seeing the musicians and hearing the songs again.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

The Bourne series is on Bravo today, so I'm watching. I like the action.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Youngest went to see "Snake Eyes" on Thursday night. Said it was really good. He enjoys those types of movies so I figured he would have liked it.

Not a movie but watched Dr. Death with Alec Baldwin--it is amazingly good, an 8 part series. I binge watched it.

I finally watched I Care a Lot and I thought it was fantastic! Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not a movie but watched Dr. Death with Alec Baldwin--it is amazingly good, an 8 part series. I binge watched it.
    Where did you see this? It’s not on Amazon prime. Looking up this title caused me to see several books and films about the UK’s “Dr. death” so I ended up buying a Kindle book about that guy.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-21-21 at 10:16pm.

Thread Information