Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Checking out of the media.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think that's because broadcast news is entertainment. It may take a while for the media to create another Trump like figure to fill the void and bring those breathless 'news' consumers back into the mold. Harry and Megan may be trying out for the role.
    I hope I am dead by then. I can/could not stand all the drama and chaos.

I consumed more news in 2020 than at any other time in my life, and I really need to work at getting myself back onto my low news diet. As far as Harry and Megan are concerned, there are stories about them all over my various online newsfeeds and I cannot fathom why anyone would even care about them. I am as little interested in them as I am in football, and there is no lower bar to sink beneath in Rosaland.

Now that I am driving my son's car, which does not have a radio, I have gotten used to no news, no music, no noise during my commute. It is kind of nice. On the other hand I do talk to myself more than I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Now that I am driving my son's car, which does not have a radio, I have gotten used to no news, no music, no noise during my commute. It is kind of nice. On the other hand I do talk to myself more than I used to.
    But are you answering yourself? That’s the real question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    But are you answering yourself? That’s the real question.

Maybe once in a while

I did not watch the interview but found very revelatory that the British royal family is more concerned about how dark a baby's skin will be than about Prince Andrew being a pedophile.

Thread Information