Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Checking out of the media.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think that's because broadcast news is entertainment. It may take a while for the media to create another Trump like figure to fill the void and bring those breathless 'news' consumers back into the mold. Harry and Megan may be trying out for the role.
    I hope I am dead by then. I can/could not stand all the drama and chaos.

I consumed more news in 2020 than at any other time in my life, and I really need to work at getting myself back onto my low news diet. As far as Harry and Megan are concerned, there are stories about them all over my various online newsfeeds and I cannot fathom why anyone would even care about them. I am as little interested in them as I am in football, and there is no lower bar to sink beneath in Rosaland.

Yppej
    Now that I am driving my son's car, which does not have a radio, I have gotten used to no news, no music, no noise during my commute. It is kind of nice. On the other hand I do talk to myself more than I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Now that I am driving my son's car, which does not have a radio, I have gotten used to no news, no music, no noise during my commute. It is kind of nice. On the other hand I do talk to myself more than I used to.
    But are you answering yourself? That’s the real question.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    But are you answering yourself? That’s the real question.

Maybe once in a while

I did not watch the interview but found very revelatory that the British royal family is more concerned about how dark a baby's skin will be than about Prince Andrew being a pedophile.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Maybe once in a while

I did not watch the interview but found very revelatory that the British royal family is more concerned about how dark a baby's skin will be than about Prince Andrew being a pedophile.
    I love just about every comment on this thread...I do watch PBS/BBC News hour sometimes...otherwise I'm on a news diet after swallowing too much during the reign of the Orange Thing...

Following local news is much better for my brain--no mass murders in our little town so far...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Yppej
    I am driving a car with a radio again, but usually just catch the headlines. I have cut back on the Sunday morning news shows also. Without the horse race of an election year it's just not that interesting. Plus the guy I used to debate with at work was moved to another part of the building.

I'm not watching much national news either. Back to scanning print/online news. Much better than same old stuff discussed ad nauseam.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

There is very little going on on a national level (honestly not much going on here on a non-national level either). Covid is declining of course. But in terms of non-covid news the government is pretty much MIA as it's hopelessly gridlocked. So there isn't that much news.
    Trees don't grow on money

I'm basically catching headlines when I'm online and only reading the article when it is of interest. Normally I don't read them as the advertising and the way they write them, it takes forever to get to the point! I have managed, however, to get our free local paper the last couple of weeks and it is nice to have a physical newspaper to read again - even if very, very thing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information