Thread: Miso

Yppej

Miso

I have heard of this but never had it so today I bought some to try.

Do you use it? If so, what recommendations do you have?

I add it to soup stock to flavour and have added it to homemade salad dressings as the savoury flavour. It keeps so well and great to have on hand.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I LOVE miso soup. You need dashi, which you can get in Asian supermarkets, or in the international section of regular supermarkets. Or order online. It takes no time at all to make and it's very good for you. Tofu ia another standard ingredient and I sometimes add mushrooms.

You're a vegetarian so it's right up your alley. Check out some recipes online for miso soup and you'll see it's not hard to make at all.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Miso is a staple in my pantry, I usually keep 3-4 variants in stock, and several years ago began making it myself from scratch. It has 1001 uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    what recommendations do you have?
    This is one of my go-to sources for unfamiliar foods: https://food52.com/blog/9584-all-about-miso It gives you the basics quick.

Yppej
    Thanks folks.

Yppej
    Well it is not for me but at least my curiosity is satisfied. I had some in a salad dressing and it was okay because other flavors predominated. I had it in a soup and did not like it all. I decluttered the rest of it into the trash.

Thread Information