Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meghan, Harry, Oprah, and The Crown

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I don't really follow the German usurpers.
    As much as I would like to see my Stuart monarch family restored, I suspect those profligates would not be as responsible as this German lot.

Why all the fuss about them referring to the royal family as "the firm"? I remember hearing that nickname years ago. And https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...IGlpBhspmts_nL says The Firm is "An unofficial nickname that dates back to the time of Queen Elizabeth II's father, King George VI, The Firm is an informal title for the British royal family and its associated institutions, including the courtiers, staff and working royals that keep the business of the monarchy functioning."

Using that nickname may have been a bit of a dig, implying that being part of the royal family is more like working for a company than being part of a family, but the news media acting like they've never heard that nickname before baffles me and makes the news media look stupid.

I feel like the whole thing is a psy ops and we are being manipulated, but I can't figure out why.

To publicly and for money savage your family of origin--no words, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I feel like the whole thing is a psy ops and we are being manipulated, but I can't figure out why.

To publicly and for money savage your family of origin--no words, really.
    Yeah, people who write "tell-all" books and do interviews like these are often nothing but self-serving at the expense of others--even if they do it "to share my story so others will be helped."

I agree with IL that if Meghan did not understand that she had a lot to learn and it was her responsibility to learn it she was surprisingly naive for a thirty-something who purportedly was highly interested in Diana and the royal family before she met Harry. So that part is a little disingenuous. I wonder if Harry will ever regret his actions--in that regard he has become something like his great-great-uncle Edward.

At the same time, the Firm (apart from the family) seems to run the show without any regard for its "employees" and I can see how being one of those "employees" can be fearfully constraining. At the same time, people who are NOT born into it but choose to be a part of it have no excuse if they cross the moat, enter the castle and watch the portcullis come down behind them.

Anyway, I take razz's point to heart. Everything is gossip and hearsay, and here I am feeding into it! I do wish them all well.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm really trying to stay out of it and not read the stories, but its EVERYWHERE. I don't get "why now?". They want to continue with royal titles and the fame/privilege that provides, but not do any of the work typically associated with that. Make up your mind, you are in or you are out. Not in when its convenient. And as far as airing family business, I just find that a little on the tacky side. I have issues within my family but I don't go the press with them. What do you hope to accomplish by doing that?

Whenever someone starts yammering about "telling my truth," I snort and tune out. I may miss something important, but I doubt it.

Why is the United States allowing the United Kingdom to inflict this absurd problem on us? Can we not simply deport these public nuisances to preserve our peace and bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Why is the United States allowing the United Kingdom to inflict this absurd problem on us? Can we not simply deport these public nuisances to preserve our peace and bandwidth?
    Because they wouldn't stay in BC. Too provincial, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    We welcome the problems because we are shallow and our purveyors of infotainment stroke our dopamine centers of love for this crap and our society is doomed.

Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We welcome the problems because we are shallow and our purveyors of infotainment stroke our dopamine centers of of this crap and our society is doomed.

Get off my lawn.
    But do we have to allow people in to waste Oprahís valuable time in an attempt to monetize their family issues and thwarted sense of entitlement? Canít we stop them at the border? At what point does a major annoyance become a minor act of war?

Thread Information